Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

could i sell this?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Do you think there would be a real market fir this. I made it firy sister in law, but she thought it was too cute to take apart to use the socks. I've thought about making more and selling them, think i have a chance?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
shilohkitten
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

YES!!!!  Those are adorable!  And you know moms love baby shower gifts that they can actually use.  I love the idea of a sock bouquet!  You could make these for kids of all ages too, since socks always need replacing.  Maybe socks 'n undies bouquets in themes like superheroes, Disney characters, etc?

BabyloveCCR
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I have a baby shower to go to in November.  I just might have to use this idea.  I was going to do a diaper cake, but I'm not sure the budget will permit it.

Quoting Daya81:

instead of a vase, maybe you could use a small blanket or baby shower-themed paper and present it like this:

obviously, you'd be using socks.

Oh, Scrap!

https://www.facebook.com/lynnsscrapbookingmadesimple

http://ohscrapcreations.blogspot.com/

Jlu88
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM
True. I should take a pair that I had left over amd check that out. If it is just too messy when taken off, then I suppose I could always find a way around it. If i do it wrapped in the paper, i could surely find a way to not use the floral tape. It wasn't too expensive though. The socks cost the most. I got everything else from tje dollar store/or had stuff on hand.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Im wondering how iseable the socks would be after you take them out cuz floral tape can be pretty gross. Its a super cute idea otherwise. I agree the cost issue could be hard to work around but I say give it a shot:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhejlik
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally think so, but I think you  need a different container? The roses are great! It's jus the stuff in the vase is not looking too hot. Sorry.

bhejlik
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM

OMG, that would be cute with the roses. Just like a bouquet. 

Quoting Daya81:

instead of a vase, maybe you could use a small blanket or baby shower-themed paper and present it like this:

obviously, you'd be using socks.

Jlu88
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
No worries! It was just some moss stuff i had on hand. I could paint the inside of the vase like I've seen on pinterest. Or use other vases or even the blanket idea.

Quoting bhejlik:

I totally think so, but I think you  need a different container? The roses are great! It's jus the stuff in the vase is not looking too hot. Sorry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Yes!!

Or you could take baby themed paper and wrap it around the vase like they do with some potted plant presents. Also, maybe fill the jar with diaper cream and other baby products to sell for more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Saw one similar, at my daughter's shower, this doesn't look delicate enough, with .too much green floral tape and vase for the socks. Try a more delicate stem, and downsize the vase? And use a larger bow. I really like the baby themed vase idea, too.
shilohkitten
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Maybe you could use just a couple of basting stitches to hold the socks in the roll like that, which can be easily cut out when the recipient wants to use them?

No idea how you'd attach it to the stem that way, but maybe you could roll them up around the stem or something before basting it.

You know like how tags are attached to socks at Target?

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Im wondering how iseable the socks would be after you take them out cuz floral tape can be pretty gross. Its a super cute idea otherwise. I agree the cost issue could be hard to work around but I say give it a shot:)

shilohkitten
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:04 PM

OR PUT THEM IN JARS.  So they look like little cinnamon rolls or something.  Only they are socks instead.

I saw that on Pinterest too, everything's in a jar these days lol.

Quoting Jlu88:

No worries! It was just some moss stuff i had on hand. I could paint the inside of the vase like I've seen on pinterest. Or use other vases or even the blanket idea.

Quoting bhejlik:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)