Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

How did you know?? Newbie here.

I know that may be a strange title. But I'm wanting to start crafting, but I don't really know what to do.  I've dabbled with several things, but I just don't stick with it.  I enjoyed polymer clay but can't seem to think of any creative ideas of my own.  I'm just wondering what got you ladies to doing something you enjoy??

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Replies (11-15):
Miranda1127
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I just do stuff. If it turns out well I do it again. If I can continue to do it well I make it a habit. If it turns out bad I'll give it another shot, if it continues to turn out bad I drop it and move on.

jenzachsam
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:32 AM

I actually crochet but not as good as my sister is.  I am learning to sew and knit.  I just sewed my dd's curtains and don't like them lol!  I finished making her a regular fleece blankey.  I just learned how to thread a sewing machine and bobbin.  So here is my first ever blankey that I did two nights ago.  I did that without a pattern too and just wanted to show what I did lol!  I'm a beginner so don't go too hard on me lol!  

black.eyeliner
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I got started through my family when I was real little. I have always had an inate fascination with yarn. I always tell my kids to find something that they can't keep their hands off of.  

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I just made something for my son (Monster Storage) and he loved it, and so did everyone I showed it to, and they wanted one, so eventually that's became the primary thing that I make. I have always crafted and created art though. I paint, do ceramics, sculpt, make jewelry, I can knit and crochet (washcloths, haha!), polymer clay sculpting, spin fiber from a drop spindle, wet and needle felt, quilt, sew, and a few other small things like wire wrapping and such. But making monsters is my big thing because I love to do it and there's a demand for it. If you enjoy clay, maybe try bead making, or just sculpting characters you think up?

Turtledoves
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I started sewing at age 5. I was naturally drawn to it.

The rest of my crafting came from having my daughter. I suddenly wanted to be able to make her beautiful things. My passion for baking started from wanting to make her amazing birthday cakes. I'm now hoping to open a bakery one day. My love of crochet came from the fun idea of making her dress up hats and toys in all her favorite characters. I now have a craft store where I sell them as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN