Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

sort of ot

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

i bought me a winter coat at salvation army i love it it has a furry hood is there anyway i can run a string thru it to tie the hood without wrecking the coat  i douubt my machine will sew buttonholes in something this thick

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
-JC-
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Is there already a hole where a string went through? Like are you just looking to replace a missing one or compeletely fabricating a new one? 

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM

no theres not even a casing i was just gonna poke some holes and thread a shoelace thru it

Quoting -JC-:

Is there already a hole where a string went through? Like are you just looking to replace a missing one or compeletely fabricating a new one? 

cowgirls10181
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I say thread a lace in a needle and pull it through between the stiches, what I did to the one i bought last year, or unstich add some elastic by hand stiching and stich it back up. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Quoting cowgirls10181:

I say thread a lace in a needle and pull it through between the stiches, what I did to the one i bought last year, or unstich add some elastic by hand stiching and stich it back up. Good luck

can i zigzag elastic to the hood will that work?

cowgirls10181
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Might be a little uncomftorable. How acout cutting a slit and running it i then stiching the slit ?

Quoting mariesmama:

Quoting cowgirls10181:

can i zigzag elastic to the hood will that work?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)