Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

shipping question....

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 14 Replies
So i decided to ship flatrate envelopes for what would fit anyway... Well i had someone question why iy was so much when i looked online usps i saw that was the cheapest so i charged 5.15 plus some cents for tax and paypal so it come out 5.50 she said it was high is there a cheaper way to send?? Or is this normal im in texas if that makes a diff they made me type my zip before they give me prices so i didnt know ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommiE8983
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM
$5.50 does seem a bit steep but it all depend on what you're shipping...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaimier012
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Crochet hats blankets animals depending on customer i mean id ship it in something smaller if it fits but that was the price for 5.15 was flatrate...

Quoting MommiE8983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiE8983
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM
You can buy a box or use boxes you get from buying other things and ship first class. Yarn isn't that heavy. And you could fit a hat or animal into a small bubble mailer or poly mailer.
Quoting jaimier012:

Crochet hats blankets animals depending on customer i mean id ship it in something smaller if it fits but that was the price for 5.15 was flatrate...

Quoting MommiE8983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaimier012
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Yea i was thinkin about seein if maybe i could get a deal on some big package envelopes

Quoting MommiE8983:

You can buy a box or use boxes you get from buying other things and ship first class. Yarn isn't that heavy. And you could fit a hat or animal into a small bubble mailer or poly mailer.
Quoting jaimier012:

Quoting MommiE8983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiE8983
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:41 PM
You can buy them in bulk on amazon or you can buy packs of 10ish at Walmart

Quoting jaimier012:

Yea i was thinkin about seein if maybe i could get a deal on some big package envelopes

Quoting MommiE8983:

Quoting jaimier012:

Quoting MommiE8983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:06 PM
I got legal size envelopes for 6 for $1 at the dollar tree and they are around $2 to ship. You could fit 2 hats or a baby blanket in them. I ship dinos in them and they weight about the same as 2 crochet hats. I usually wrap the dinos or hats in 2 walmart bags in case it gets wet or the shipping machines scuff it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM
If you ship in bubble mailers it'll be around $3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaimier012
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM
thanks ladies!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaimier012
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM
thank imma look tomorrow... And what kind of dinos do you have a website??

Quoting MissElissa21:

I got legal size envelopes for 6 for $1 at the dollar tree and they are around $2 to ship. You could fit 2 hats or a baby blanket in them. I ship dinos in them and they weight about the same as 2 crochet hats. I usually wrap the dinos or hats in 2 walmart bags in case it gets wet or the shipping machines scuff it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Yes, ship first class. WAY cheaper and gets there typically the same amount of time. Parcel post is longer time but sometimes cheaper too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)