Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

kids Halloween bash

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
Okay, so I'm throwing my dd and sd a halloween bash. A few kids, pumpkin carving, pumpkin buckets w/treats and goodies as "goodie bags". I'm just thinking of food ideas to have for the kids and parents that are halloween theme.. Ideas?!? For example, I wanna do like chocolate pudding w/ crushed oreos ontop and a gummy work in the pudding sticking out.. Any other ideas of cute little food things I can do to keep w/the theme? Thanks. If u have a pic of something u've done please share!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

check pininterest bet they have tons.

Kathy112761
by Kathy on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM

for sure check Pinterest, here a couple things I got from there:

Pumpkin dip {Cool Whip, vanilla instant pudding mix, and a can of pumpkin} put out with apple slices and/or vanilla wafers.

Breed gummy worms in ice and infest a cold Halloween drink. Put the worms in an ice-cube tray, letting them stick out of the top and sprawl over the edges, and fill tray with water or clear drink; freeze. Add cubes to a clear beverage, and watch as kids squirm with delight.

Put gummy worms in the ice cube trays when making ice for the party.

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

• 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix or 1 package (18 ounces) carrot cake mix
  • 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
  • 20 Werther's® Original Chewy Caramels
  • 3 tablespoons 2% milk
  • 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
  • 12 Popsicle sticks

Directions

• Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in apples.
  • Fill 12 greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
  • In a small saucepan, cook the caramels and milk over low heat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with pecans. Insert a wooden stick into the center of each cupcake. Yield: 1 dozen.

Fall bark...sweet and salty too

Fall bark

Ingredients

• 1/2  pound white chocolate, chopped
  • 1  cup  miniature pretzels
  • 1/2  cup  candy corn
  • 1/3  cup  dried cranberries

Directions

1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving an overhang on 2 sides.
  2. Heat the chocolate in a double boiler or medium heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a saucepan of simmering water, stirring often, until melted and smooth.
  3. Spread the chocolate in the prepared pan and sprinkle with the pretzels, candy corn, and dried cranberries. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
  4. Remove the bark from the pan and break into pieces.

Here are a few web sites with other Halloween foods

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/10/easy-halloween-party-food/

http://familyfun.go.com/halloween/halloween-recipes/halloween-dinners/pizza-mummies-688188/

http://blog.hwtm.com/2009/10/creative-halloween-dinner-ideas/

2bkayleesmommy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Love this! I will look @ pintrest when @ a computer thanks

Quoting Kathy112761:

for sure check Pinterest, here a couple things I got from there:

Pumpkin dip {Cool Whip, vanilla instant pudding mix, and a can of pumpkin} put out with apple slices and/or vanilla wafers.

Breed gummy worms in ice and infest a cold Halloween drink. Put the worms in an ice-cube tray, letting them stick out of the top and sprawl over the edges, and fill tray with water or clear drink; freeze. Add cubes to a clear beverage, and watch as kids squirm with delight.

Put gummy worms in the ice cube trays when making ice for the party.

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

• 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix or 1 package (18 ounces) carrot cake mix
  • 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
  • 20 Werther's® Original Chewy Caramels
  • 3 tablespoons 2% milk
  • 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
  • 12 Popsicle sticks

Directions

• Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in apples.
  • Fill 12 greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
  • In a small saucepan, cook the caramels and milk over low heat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with pecans. Insert a wooden stick into the center of each cupcake. Yield: 1 dozen.

Fall bark...sweet and salty too

Fall bark

Ingredients

• 1/2  pound white chocolate, chopped
  • 1  cup  miniature pretzels
  • 1/2  cup  candy corn
  • 1/3  cup  dried cranberries

Directions

1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving an overhang on 2 sides.
  2. Heat the chocolate in a double boiler or medium heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a saucepan of simmering water, stirring often, until melted and smooth.
  3. Spread the chocolate in the prepared pan and sprinkle with the pretzels, candy corn, and dried cranberries. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
  4. Remove the bark from the pan and break into pieces.

Here are a few web sites with other Halloween foods

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/10/easy-halloween-party-food/

http://familyfun.go.com/halloween/halloween-recipes/halloween-dinners/pizza-mummies-688188/

http://blog.hwtm.com/2009/10/creative-halloween-dinner-ideas/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM

You could make pumpkin cookies and let the kids decorate them! Also you bop for apples.

SamKlug
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I use to make mummy dogs.  It's just a crecent roll cut unto strips wrapped around a hot dog.  Lol.  I've seen it on Pinterest so you can find it there for sure.  Another one I seen on there was either frankenstein fingers or zombie fingers or something.  Lol.  It was the large pretzel rods with colored chocolate.  Lol.  I'm thinking about making a kitty litter cake and putting some sort of body part in it this year.  Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)