Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Halloween--Anyone Making Costume(s)?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM
  • 18 Replies

Anyone making a costume for Halloween for either yourself or a child?

I wish I could. I want to be "Snow White" in "Snow White & the Huntsman" and my child wants to be a Power Ranger, Angry Bird, or a baseball player.

Kathy

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM

i made this last yr we cant afford a costume with no jobs, so we're useing it again this year

sadiebug1228
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM
My 9 month old daughter is gonna be a frosted mini wheat and my son is 4 and he's gonna be a dinosaur. I'm making both of their costumes, I wanna dress up too but idk what I wanna be yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM
My 9 year old wants to be a zombie hello kitty and my 2 year old is going to be a bee, I think. I'm making both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM
My son wants to be a diesel locomotive. Even if I wanted to I don't think I could buy a costume for it so I'm making it. I finally got the bare bones of it done tonight so I'm about 1/3 done.
Last year he wanted to be Thomas the train so I made him one and he still plays with it out in the yard. I just hope the one I'm making now will last as long since its taking a lot more work to make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bekalynne440
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM
I plan on making dd's. She wants to be a princess and she loves the tutu costumes, so I plan to make her a princess tutu costume.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trae1982
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I am planning on making my girls costumes. I want to make them tutus. I am new to this but I am going to attempt it. If anyone has any pointers for me on how to.make a tulle tutu, I would appreciate it. Where is the best place to get tulle?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I want to make them tutu costumes. I need see how much it will actually cost. I saw a peacock one that was really cute and my 4 year old wants a princess one. Saw a cute Indian one too not sure what the baby will be yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I am making a bodice for my daughter. I made a tutu petticoat this year to go under her skirts. I made her chemise last year. I also have to make a renaissance poet shirt for my son and pants for both of my sons. I made their doublets last year, but they outgrew their pants and one of the shirts. I am also making their candy collection bags with an elastic side pocket to hold a beverage, muffin hats and belt pouches and cup holders to keep their mugs on their belts.

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:03 AM

use non-roll elastic! i also DONT buy the tuule by the yard. get the tulle that is by the roll. i get mine from hobby lobby or joanns with coupons

Quoting trae1982:

I am planning on making my girls costumes. I want to make them tutus. I am new to this but I am going to attempt it. If anyone has any pointers for me on how to.make a tulle tutu, I would appreciate it. Where is the best place to get tulle?

rmgriffberg
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:06 AM

i made the kids theirs last year and this year (its one of my favorite things about halloween!) their costumes for this year are almost done. dd is tinkerbell and ds is peter pan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)