Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

leg and arm warmers....pointers

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM
  • 4 Replies
I have started making my kids arm and leg warmers but one always comes put shorter than the other one. I can't seem to get a good matching pair. I think out of about 5 sets that I made I got one really good sewn pair. Any pointers on how to make them nice and even?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
black.eyeliner
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Row counter. They sell them in all craft stores. I can get away with just a measuring tape but some people find that doesn't work for them. 

sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Isn't the row counter for crochet/knitting? I'm make the arm and keg warmers from knee socks and machine sewing them. I cut everything the same but I can't seem to get them the same length. Maybe I just need to really slow down and watch where I'm sewing on the sock and make sure to sew it in the same spot on the other pair.

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Row counter. They sell them in all craft stores. I can get away with just a measuring tape but some people find that doesn't work for them. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Ah sewing. Didnt know that. Yes slow down. Measure repeatedly. Make sure you do the same seam width.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Isn't the row counter for crochet/knitting? I'm make the arm and keg warmers from knee socks and machine sewing them. I cut everything the same but I can't seem to get them the same length. Maybe I just need to really slow down and watch where I'm sewing on the sock and make sure to sew it in the same spot on the other pair.

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Measure lots is all I can think of. I don't sew much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)