Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT - For the Cause!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  • 8 Replies

Just wanted to let you ladies know that I am a huge supporter of Breast Cancer Awareness!  This month I am doing the 5K walk in Saginaw and am raising awareness and collecting donations all month!  If you would like to be a part of the team and walk, or even just help with a small donation, everything is welcome!  All of my tips this month are going towards the cause and I'm making a few Breast Cancer Awareness crafts and all of the proceeds are going towards the cause as well.  Last year I raised $2,000 and would like to meet or beat that goal this year.

For those of you that donate, your name will be listed in our thanks for all the donators.

Thank you ladies!

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bmom7210
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Wow. That's great I'm doing the 5k in Dallas October 20. I do it every year I'm a huge supporter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamKlug
by Sammie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Me too!  I've been doing it for about 5 years now.  Last year was the first year I was unable to do it.  But I'm back with a vengance this year!  Lol

Quoting bmom7210:

Wow. That's great I'm doing the 5k in Dallas October 20. I do it every year I'm a huge supporter

CrimsonRadiance
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Which organization are you going through?

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamKlug
by Sammie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM

My main focus for donations is the Susan G Koman organization but the walk is through the American Cancer Association.

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

Which organization are you going through?

Good luck!

bmom7210
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM
What are u making?? To donate money??

Quoting SamKlug:

Me too!  I've been doing it for about 5 years now.  Last year was the first year I was unable to do it.  But I'm back with a vengance this year!  Lol

Quoting bmom7210:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Man! I wish I could join you in Saginaw, however October is one of our busiest, with my daughter's birthday on Halloween and my husband going on a business trip. I will try and donate some money though!

SamKlug
by Sammie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM
A lot of the things I make for this cause are last minute. But they are custom plastic canvas orders. Like tissue box covers, totes and simple things like that. Next month in gonna start on scarves, hats, gloves, cross stitch pieces and stuff like that so I can have it ready. I still take custom orders through the year.

Quoting bmom7210:

What are u making?? To donate money??

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting bmom7210:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamKlug
by Sammie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Thank you so much! Its greatly appreciated!

Quoting DanaG70:

Man! I wish I could join you in Saginaw, however October is one of our busiest, with my daughter's birthday on Halloween and my husband going on a business trip. I will try and donate some money though!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)