Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

What is your favorite craft store? Do you ever buy craft supplies online?

knitting

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
mommytohuddy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM
It was hobby lobby for a long time and then I went to a Joann's. That visit ended my long Hobby Lobby crush. Haha. However, we don't have one here. I shop at michael's most frequently bc it is super close to my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM

i Love Michaels but i have to go to Joanns for fabric and it's all the way across town.  some supplies i don't mind buying online if i can get a great price. 

Turtledoves
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM
I live near Lehigh! Though I like the new AC Moores in Temple. So glad to have one back, seemed like they all shut down in the area for years!

Quoting ZsMommy:

I lived in the Lehigh Valley-shopped at the one in Whitehall (worked at the JoAnn in Whitehall)-I do miss they're acrylic paint sales when you could get 4 for $1 or $2

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Quoting ZsMommy:

I'm in PA.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

i don't have a favorite. i make diapers and buy my fabrics online usually

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Where are you at? I love local bead shops and am always trying to find them on our routes when we travel. I made dh go in one last week when he was away for classes. lol I have a list in my phone of all these places.

Quoting DanaG70:

My local bead shop, buy local!

Michael's or Hobby Lobby if the bead shop doesn't have what I'm looking for. I went to Joann's for the first time the other day, wasn't impressed, they didn't have a very good jewelry making selection, only one aisle.

I do shop online, Firemountain and Lima Beads are my favorites, I can buy in bulk with them.

goddess99
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM

We only have JoAnn's. I haven't bought supplies online.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I'm in Otsego MI, the bead shop is in Kalamazoo on Westnege though, I love it because I can buy seeds. I also go to a couple in Omaha NE when I visit my parents and oldest son. One of the shops in Omaha has Miyuki seed beads at a great price!

Quoting nebcutie:

Where are you at? I love local bead shops and am always trying to find them on our routes when we travel. I made dh go in one last week when he was away for classes. lol I have a list in my phone of all these places.

Quoting DanaG70:

My local bead shop, buy local!

Michael's or Hobby Lobby if the bead shop doesn't have what I'm looking for. I went to Joann's for the first time the other day, wasn't impressed, they didn't have a very good jewelry making selection, only one aisle.

I do shop online, Firemountain and Lima Beads are my favorites, I can buy in bulk with them.

ZsMommy
by Heids on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Yeah-I read they were closing some locations down. Is the one in Whitehall closed? (I left PA 4yrs ago)

Quoting Turtledoves:

I live near Lehigh! Though I like the new AC Moores in Temple. So glad to have one back, seemed like they all shut down in the area for years!

Quoting ZsMommy:

I lived in the Lehigh Valley-shopped at the one in Whitehall (worked at the JoAnn in Whitehall)-I do miss they're acrylic paint sales when you could get 4 for $1 or $2

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Quoting ZsMommy:

I'm in PA.

ZsMommy
by Heids on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

They just opened a Hobby Lobby here but I haven't been in yet. I've never been to Hobby Lobby.

northernmommy
by Jen on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM

99% of my craft supplies are bought online. some from etsy, theribbonretreat, hairbowcenter, fabric, bbcrafts .coms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)