Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

What is your favorite craft store? Do you ever buy craft supplies online?

knitting

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I will for sure! I will try and look at the map for that area and see what i find. Thanks!

Quoting DanaG70:

Let me know the next time your there, I can lead you to a couple of them, both of them are close to my parent's house. Both on or near W. Center St. I just can't remember the name of the side streets. =)

Quoting nebcutie:

I tried finding some in omaha but had a hard time. I really need your list it sounds like. Lol i guess i better google some more.

Quoting DanaG70:

I'm in Otsego MI, the bead shop is in Kalamazoo on Westnege though, I love it because I can buy seeds. I also go to a couple in Omaha NE when I visit my parents and oldest son. One of the shops in Omaha has Miyuki seed beads at a great price!

Quoting nebcutie:

Where are you at? I love local bead shops and am always trying to find them on our routes when we travel. I made dh go in one last week when he was away for classes. lol I have a list in my phone of all these places.

Quoting DanaG70:

My local bead shop, buy local!

Michael's or Hobby Lobby if the bead shop doesn't have what I'm looking for. I went to Joann's for the first time the other day, wasn't impressed, they didn't have a very good jewelry making selection, only one aisle.

I do shop online, Firemountain and Lima Beads are my favorites, I can buy in bulk with them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I prefer Joann's because for sewing and jewelry projects and Michael's for all other types of projects. I haven't purchased online yet, but am getting ready to as I need steel boning and that can't be purchased in store.

black.eyeliner
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM

That all depends on what I am getting.

Yarn - Webs (online and in store), KnitPicks (online), Verdant Gryphon (online), Cephalopod Yarns (online), Knitty City (in store)

Beading - I go to local bead stores

Scrapbooking - Michaels, Jo Ann Fabrics, local scrapbooking shops

Fabric - my local quilt store

EmmasMom0706
by Val on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM
AC Moore is my favorite but the closest one is over an hour away :( . Then Joann's and Michaels.
kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Hobby lobby is my top choice... Rarely buy online, usually I go in and get what I need for a few projects at once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Hobby lobby is my top choice... Rarely buy online, usually I go in and get what I need for a few projects at once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM

JoAnn's is first, followed by Michael's at a close second.  And I have never bought craft stuff online.  I have bought just about everything else online, but crafting stuff.

saltycoqui
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I have never bought any crafting materials online. Not saying I never will, just saying I have not.

I have a small budget for craft supplies. So I have to be creative. I find most of my stuff at dollar stores, and thrift stores like Goodwill.
I sometimes go to a store called Michaels and Save-a-thon (mostly sewing supplies and fabrics). I'm not too big a fan of either store.

I use stuff that had one use and reuse them for something else. I have a couple of drawers filled with things that I could have thrown away but I then I look at it and believe I can reuse it later. I usually do. I wish I had a craft room :D

gogetem
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM
They're ALL starting to put a bad taste In my mouth. Way overpriced and I can never find standard items. Amazon.com has been getting all my money lately.
Miranda1127
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Ac Moore, their reward program is better than michaels (Idk about joanns, there is only one in the area and its not very close so I rarely go there) so I find it the most reasonable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)