Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

started quilting again...

Posted by   + Show Post

Just started quilting again and wondering if there are any other quilters in this group.

I am still cutting out my pieces but it is a scrap pattern and I do have plenty of scraps.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
idee
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:01 PM

That's the problem I am having with my machine. How do I adjust the pressure of the feet?

I do a lot of stuff! :) I can quilt, sculpt, make jewelry, paint and glaze ceramics, fuse glass, paint, do macrame and wire wrapping, needle and wet felt, make yarn with a drop spindle, make beads and sculpt with polymer clay, and knit and crochet wash cloths. :)

When I machine quilted I had to adjust the pressure of the feet or else my stitching kept getting tangled and jamming. I was literally pulling the fabric through instead of letting the feed feet move it.

Quoting idee:

And I thought you only sewed.

I have been quilting for almost five years. I still have to practice working on the actual quilting part. It just seems that when it comes to a straight stitch my machine acts bratty.

So after I finish my classes and get to work I am thinking of getting a new machine as a gift for myself.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

I looooooooooove quilting!

shilohkitten
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I haven't quilted yet but I would like to learn.  

Rainstorm10
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I do! But I haven't had time since nursing school started. :(

DCR1
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:09 PM

No i haven't, i have bought publications with the intentions of trying it out, the closest I've gotten is appliqueing, so much for my big ideas in the quilters world, you are so lucky to have that craft experience, and i am in awe of you for it. :-)

SLGross215
WTF???? I'm not in ANY groups including the one I OWN?????
Yesterday at 6:06 PM
by Sarah on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I love quilting. I have a scrappy quilt hanging on the wall that I need to finish

idee
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I have a scrappy quilt I am dloing now It will take me  a while to finish though. It has 1,405 pieces to it.

Quoting SLGross215:

I love quilting. I have a scrappy quilt hanging on the wall that I need to finish

SLGross215
WTF???? I'm not in ANY groups including the one I OWN?????
Yesterday at 6:06 PM
by Sarah on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Oh wow. Mine doesn't have that many...lol Here are all of the blocks. I just need to put some sashing in-between them and finish her up.

Quoting idee:

I have a scrappy quilt I am dloing now It will take me  a while to finish though. It has 1,405 pieces to it.

Quoting SLGross215:

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM
I love to quilt :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malee1976
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Quoting SLGross215:

Oh wow. Mine doesn't have that many...lol Here are all of the blocks. I just need to put some sashing in-between them and finish her up.

Quoting idee:

Quoting SLGross215:

I love your quilt!!!!

Malee1976
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Quoting Jessiejack:

Love quilting. I have been working on cutting old jeans for a jeans quilt I am going to make for my DD

I am going to try to make a jean quilt for my hubby! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)