Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe
I was just thinking about the holidays and realized after buying my 1st gifts of the season I need teacher gifts. I can make or buy something but it needs to be on the cheaper side because my little one started day care so between her and my 6th grader I have 8 teachers to buy for. Thanks for your help ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
DomsMama07
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:23 PM
I would Loooove a tree of earrings what an awesome gift!!

Sorry I'm no help! I have 4 teachers and 2 daycare providers to by for so I'm looking for ideas too ;)

Quoting ZsMommy:

Oh-this wasn't a school thing-I did this for my employees when I managed a small clothing store..I found those little live pine trees that they sell around Christmas..added a red bow on top and gave those as gifts-one girl now has that tree growing in her back yard.

Last year I gave our daughter one of those (faux) tabletop trees (the kind with the burlap on the bottom) and made several pairs of earrings and attached to the tree as ornaments (she likes earrings/hand made jewelry)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malee1976
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Did you say you make bows?  If so then make them a Christmas bow for the class room door that the teacher could also use on a tree, wreath etc.  Also I did this one year I bought a bunch of different kinds of single servings of hot coco and flavored coffee(about a $1.00 each package).  I tied it put in a clear bag with a snack size bag of cookies. 

jridgill
by Jennifer on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I saw some cute ideas the other day on a blog. Take a cute designer soap bottle and print out this printable they had and attach with ribbon. Said something like "if you ever need a hand, call me"

Let me think about what blog! A popular one is all I remember right now. But you could do that fairly cheap! I have 5 teachers to gift to so I understand!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Jennifer on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Here is what I was talking about. It's in the skip to my Lou blog.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytohuddy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM

This is a really cute idea! I might have to remember this one :)

Quoting melliburger:

Tumblers and fill them with the little packages to make flavored water?

HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Maybe I'll make Crayon wreaths. Thanks for the idea :)

Quoting Malee1976:

Did you say you make bows?  If so then make them a Christmas bow for the class room door that the teacher could also use on a tree, wreath etc.  Also I did this one year I bought a bunch of different kinds of single servings of hot coco and flavored coffee(about a $1.00 each package).  I tied it put in a clear bag with a snack size bag of cookies. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I'm crocheting a blanket for dd 1st grade teacher. I changed my mind at the last minute on the pattern so now I'm rushing to get it done in two weeks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sewsofun
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Homemade cocoa and marshmallows in a cute gift bag. I saw a mini thing of pure maple syrup which would be cute with a homemade pancake mix.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shajdinyak
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:25 AM
We have inexpensive all natural bath and beauty products! Some of our Christmas products will include chocolate candy cane lip balm,soap and lotion bars. www.honeykissed.yolasite.com or www.Facebook.com/honeykissedbeautyproducts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Makaitsmom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I always make some goodies. Like Square prezels with hershey kisses and m&m's. Or a gift basket with lotions, sprays, candles, etc..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)