Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Hey, I love looking at and doing crafts!
I used to own a sewing machine but it broke due to my roommates dog. I really been missing it! I am a beginner and don't know much but the basics and I always have great ideas of things to do but no sewing machine.....does anyone know where a good place would be to get one from? I want something cheap since I am still new to it but that will last and can do a bit of things.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Replies (11-15):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Ask them to let you plug it in first. Definitely make sure the cord, feet to hold fabric down, bobbin cage, and power cords are included. If it doesn't have a manual with it but you have a smart phone you can usually google the machine type and see what it should come with in order for it to function

Quoting rayroe2:

Thank you, and how would you know if it is working, if from a thrift shop?

Quoting melliburger:

Thrift stores. Welcome to the group!

deeredone2
by Deedra on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Welcome!  You can get a good cheap one from Walmart and sometimes Joanns have them on sale.  I got my DD a singer on sale for $50 last year at Target black friday. 

back40mama
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Welcome!

shilohkitten
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I got mine on Black Friday too - it was the special Black Friday machine, I bought it for $69 at Target on that day.  

Lucky for me even though I didn't get there til late in the day they still had quite a few of them left!  I believe you can also buy them from the store websites for the Black Friday discount price as well.

If I were you, with Black Friday being so close, I'd skip a thrift shop and buy a brand new machine on Black Friday.

Quoting nebcutie:

We got ours at walmart black friday for $50.

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Thank goodness sewing machines are not a hot item on black friday. lol We got there 2 hours early for the sale and they had them already out and it rang up the right price so we were able to get out of there instead of waiting. lol

Quoting shilohkitten:

I got mine on Black Friday too - it was the special Black Friday machine, I bought it for $69 at Target on that day.  

Lucky for me even though I didn't get there til late in the day they still had quite a few of them left!  I believe you can also buy them from the store websites for the Black Friday discount price as well.

If I were you, with Black Friday being so close, I'd skip a thrift shop and buy a brand new machine on Black Friday.

Quoting nebcutie:

We got ours at walmart black friday for $50.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN