Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

ot does anyone here

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:14 AM
  • 16 Replies

Just wondering if anyone here has trouble sleeping.  If so what do you do? I have tried sleeping pills and stuff before.  It takes me forever to fall asleep then I keep waking up almost every hour on the hour till the 5th time i just give up. Any ideahs on what i can try would be apreciated.  Currently I am only getting close to 20hrs sleep a weak.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:45 AM
Sorry don't know how to help. I'm up a few times a night because of allergies. Meds aren't working and I can't take sleeping pills because i sleep with my 2 year old who doesn't always sleep thru the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmom7210
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Same issue here and nothing works
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Valerian root pills always helped me. You can get them at any vitamin store. Now I am on klonopin for anxiety so that has me knocked out at night lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm no expert, but try taking a warm bath and drinking a glass of wine to help you relax before bed, another great technique my chiropractor suggest was counting backwards from 100, only instead of just counting, envision yourself taking the number down and placing in on a table next to you. It works wonders, I'm usually asleep before I hit 90.

powow65
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:49 AM
I won't try any sleeping pills until my kid is older.
Ong, if there was anything bad or wrong happen (IE: a fire or DD hurt her self) & no one could wake me up from the sleeping pills.
No. I'll wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildflower1980
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:49 AM
You might check into melatonin. It helps Dh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yupok
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM

SEX SEX and more SEX!!  lol..I'm kidding but physical activity will do wonders, not only on your psyche but it will benefit your body, too.  Walking is great.  Not strenuous and doesn't take concentration  due to lack of sleep.  Good luck momma and keep us posted.

cowgirls10181
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I do, all the time My easiest solution was having an infant which keeps me up! Now when I get a chance to sleep there is no problem sleeping because I'm over tired!

maybe all you need is 20 hr a week of sleep. YOu can also call the dr and try a sleep  study session that might help because they can tell you why you are waking. is your thoughts going constantly, mine do which is what keeps me up. THinking of things that I should have done and that I should be doing.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Man, I have been having trouble lately! Last night I woke up at three then was up for about an hour or more then woke up again at five. Up for the day now and I am pooped. :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaimier012
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Lol i used to take a sominex every night... Now i have kaydi to keep me tired.. Last night she slept all night ...it was amazing...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)