Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Critique, if you have a moment, please?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

Other than lip gloss being desperately lacking (wearing make up in these from now on!), what are some areas I can improve? I am learning as I go about editing processes and such. I am fine with brutal honesty. I want to make these information videos easier on the eyes, so people can really learn from them. I don't want the to be distract by technical considerations or something about me, that is fixable. If you see anything, from a crafting/technical/artistic/sound tech/photography/wardrobe/etc aspect, please let me know, so I can do better! : ) 

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I might put up either a different colored background or wear something darker against a white background. Otherwise, very good.

louzannalady
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Perfect! Thank you! : ) Do you think standing up would be better or that the subject matter is more of a "sit-down" kind of subject? 

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I might put up either a different colored background or wear something darker against a white background. Otherwise, very good.

Kathy112761
by Kathy on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks great, but I think a different color background would be better. I also think that you sitting down is fine.

ripemango
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:22 AM
1 mom liked this

i think you would come off as more commanding standing in the vid...it affects the placement of your shoulders and how you speak.

i don't know if you were wanting other advice but I think a bob haircut right past your chin would be really cute on you!

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

BdayBByWish
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I would iron the background lol sorry my eyes just went straight towards the wrinkles lol, i think maybe having a spot light towards the background only would make it look nice :) kinda soften it up a bit and yeah like the other lady's said maybe a contrasting shirt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Thanks! : ) 

Quoting Kathy112761:

Looks great, but I think a different color background would be better. I also think that you sitting down is fine.

louzannalady
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Quoting ripemango:

i think you would come off as more commanding standing in the vid...it affects the placement of your shoulders and how you speak.

i don't know if you were wanting other advice but I think a bob haircut right past your chin would be really cute on you!

louzannalady
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quoting BdayBByWish:

I would iron the background lol sorry my eyes just went straight towards the wrinkles lol, i think maybe having a spot light towards the background only would make it look nice :) kinda soften it up a bit and yeah like the other lady's said maybe a contrasting shirt

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Sitting down is fine

Quoting louzannalady:

Perfect! Thank you! : ) Do you think standing up would be better or that the subject matter is more of a "sit-down" kind of subject? 

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)