Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Need your input ladies

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM
  • 10 Replies
We were asked to make a fruit or veggie costume for our kiddos. They are having a fruit/ veggie harvest at dd1's school. I'm going to make her a grape costume using felt and balloons to give it that grape shape.

Now should I use the glue gun or sew the sides together?? I'm going to do it slip on style. Which do u think will hold together better?

Keep in my my sewing skills are zero lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jryberg
by Jaime on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
You could sew the sides with a very simple running stitch. I would do that instead of a glue gun.
saltycoqui
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go with sewing. Or just find a way to tie it together on the insides.

LOL I wonder if you avoid sewing the way I avoid glue guns.

melliburger
by Melli on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I would sew the sides.

Mrs.Velasquez
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Pretty much lol. I love the glue gun :)

Quoting saltycoqui:

I would go with sewing. Or just find a way to tie it together on the insides.

LOL I wonder if you avoid sewing the way I avoid glue guns.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cpflum08
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Is the part you would be sewing felt? If so and you don't want to sew, what if you used a hole punch up the sides and weaved a ribbon to hold it together?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Velasquez
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Omg I never thought of that! Duh, that would be so much easier. Yes, the bottom will be felt and the balloons on top. Thank u, I never would have thought of that.

Quoting cpflum08:

Is the part you would be sewing felt? If so and you don't want to sew, what if you used a hole punch up the sides and weaved a ribbon to hold it together?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cpflum08
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Aww yay! Glad I could help:)

Quoting Mrs.Velasquez:

Omg I never thought of that! Duh, that would be so much easier. Yes, the bottom will be felt and the balloons on top. Thank u, I never would have thought of that.

Quoting cpflum08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I Would sew it - you would hate for the glue to come apart and break her costume!

You could also staple it

Poohy1975
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Because I'm highly allergic to latex,i think the first thing i would worry about would be the balloons. It's not a allergy many people talk about but it can be bad. And even if their is no child at the school with the allergy one of the parents could have it and transfer it home. Transfer can be almost as bad.

Mrs.Velasquez
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
All the kids in her class have done activitys that use latex balloons. I'm the only one that will be handling her costume that day :) I do get what you are saying, thank u for reminding me though.

Quoting Poohy1975:

Because I'm highly allergic to latex,i think the first thing i would worry about would be the balloons. It's not a allergy many people talk about but it can be bad. And even if their is no child at the school with the allergy one of the parents could have it and transfer it home. Transfer can be almost as bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)