Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

OT but I just got such great news!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've had such great news today!!

I woke up to a phone call saying that someone had found my dog. My dog has been missing for a month and 4 days. She apparently travelled up the railroad tracks into a town that's an hour's drive from here. She still had her tags on So they were able to call me. She's very dirty but looks healthy! She's coming home tonight.

Only a half hour after this news, we get the news of dh's MRI. He's had blurred double vision in one eye, along with wrong colors for the last year. He hit his head at work and after, his eyesight was worse. We have been so scared it was a brain tumor (as a cancer survivor who's cancer was signaled by a tumor, this scared the living hell out of me). Today his MRI came back clear! It's not a problem with his brain, but something they haven't figured out yet in the inner eye itself.

I'm so grateful for today, I keep crying because I'm so happy how things suddenly worked out so great.

I wonder if good things happen in threes? We've been trying to get pregnant for 9 months now and I'm 1 day late for my period (though I have such wacky cycles that it may just be that it isn't due yet. I don't have much hope, especially with cramping so badly, but today makes me look at things differently. )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shilohkitten
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Oh yay!  I am hoping for a BFP for you and glad all these good things are happening for you!

And yes in my experience, good AND bad things happen in 3's.  

Perfect.Pixie
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great on both parts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Oh, wow! Great news!! Good luck with being late! ;)

(BTW, we tried for 18 months the first time around, was about to make an appt for testing and found out we were pg with twins!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by Heids on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow-that is great news!!!

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM

So happy to hear all the great news, I'll send you baby dust so you can get more great news!

Artladydp
by Debby on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Fantastic!  Positive thougths bring positive outcomes.

melliburger
by Melli on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Whoohoo!!! Sounds like a great news day!!!!! =) crossing my fingers and sending baby dust!

Turtledoves
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Thank you!

Quoting shilohkitten:

Oh yay!  I am hoping for a BFP for you and glad all these good things are happening for you!

And yes in my experience, good AND bad things happen in 3's.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Wow, awesome!

With dd we only tried for 3 months. But now I'm working with one ovary and breastfeeding my 15 month old, so it's harder this time around.

Quoting Brieshon:

Oh, wow! Great news!! Good luck with being late! ;)

(BTW, we tried for 18 months the first time around, was about to make an appt for testing and found out we were pg with twins!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Thank you!

Quoting DanaG70:

So happy to hear all the great news, I'll send you baby dust so you can get more great news!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)