Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Hot off the hook!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Luigi and Mickey :)

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jodyblonde2007
by Joanna on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM

those are adorable, I had to show my 5 year old and my 3 year old and my 3 year old says that he wants to be SUPER MICKEY.

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Cute!

melliburger
by Melli on Oct. 16, 2012 at 5:52 PM

awesome!!!!

Brieshon
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Cute!!

How did you get the Mickey ears to stand up??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_girl07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I stiffened them with a glue water mix. I tried white glue first but it didnt dry clear(like it said it would) so i bought some clear school glue. Just paint brush it on, squeeze out the excess, let dry :)

Quoting Brieshon:

Cute!!

ZsMommy
Is it Saturday yet? I want to sleep in! (lol)
Today at 5:19 AM
by Heids on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Curious question-won't the first time you wash the hat,the ears end up collapsing?

Not trying to be mean-just wondering if you might want to consider maybe making the ears as pockets and inserting a heavy duty interface (like the kind you use for curtains/drapes) and letting people know to hand wash (so the interface doesn't break down)

Quoting mama_girl07:

I stiffened them with a glue water mix. I tried white glue first but it didnt dry clear(like it said it would) so i bought some clear school glue. Just paint brush it on, squeeze out the excess, let dry :)

Quoting Brieshon:

Cute!!

mama_girl07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I advise hand wash only for all my hats. The first attempt at washing the ears, they still were stiff even after I soaked them and let them dry. Im sure if they washed it multiple times they would break down but they also stand up when on a head without the glue but they fall down when not. 

I learned all this with my first Minnie hat :)

Quoting ZsMommy:

Curious question-won't the first time you wash the hat,the ears end up collapsing?

Not trying to be mean-just wondering if you might want to consider maybe making the ears as pockets and inserting a heavy duty interface (like the kind you use for curtains/drapes) and letting people know to hand wash (so the interface doesn't break down)

Quoting mama_girl07:

Quoting Brieshon:

Cute!!

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM

They are cute! I love the Mickey mouse one!

jrobertson20
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Cute....love the name of this post by the way!!!

EmmasMom0706
by Val on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Cute!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)