Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

what to do with a box filled with old magazines?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 14 Replies
Got 3 boxes and am willing to give away one or two if anyone has good use for them. PM me please.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
popomill
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

What type of magazines are they? I have about a million cooking ones and I'm just going through and cutting out the good recipes and putting them in a binder. Maybe you can make some paper mache about of them?

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Take them to a school, they can use them to cut out and do projects with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XVAmomma
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Its a travel magazine. I work in tourism and we get our main magazine for free to share with clients. We get 3 boxes a month and last month our recycle company decided that they will no longer recycle that type of paper. The print company said that if we return magazines we'll get less next issue. They don't understand the high and low seasson of our company because it is odd we work with an odd clientele.

Anyways my boss sad that if I could found a way to use them I could have them. That se won't throw them out with regular trash but paying another recycle company seems a waste because they want to charge us fees for crossing turf.

I can always send them to friends and family but all more than likely will end in trash...which defeats the purpose.

Quoting popomill:

What type of magazines are they? I have about a million cooking ones and I'm just going through and cutting out the good recipes and putting them in a binder. Maybe you can make some paper mache about of them?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XVAmomma
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I tried but was told that they would only take one or two at a time.

Quoting nebcutie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM

If there is a daycare near by they could probably use them during arts & crafts. 

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Give a few to some schools and then to some daycares and donate the rest to your local library.

Quoting XVAmomma:

I tried but was told that they would only take one or two at a time.

Quoting nebcutie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
popomill
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Well, that's a freaking TON of magazines! I was going to suggest giving them to a school/daycare, but I see someone else already said that. So I went to look up what crafts to do with all those magazines, and this is the only link I saw that looked decent (You know, with pictures and stuff).

http://www.lovelyish.com/763754440/10-crafts-to-make-with-upcycled-magazines/

My only other suggestion is go to the library and look up craft books, I know some general craft books will have some ideas, aside from paper craft books. Well, good luck!

Quoting XVAmomma:

Its a travel magazine. I work in tourism and we get our main magazine for free to share with clients. We get 3 boxes a month and last month our recycle company decided that they will no longer recycle that type of paper. The print company said that if we return magazines we'll get less next issue. They don't understand the high and low seasson of our company because it is odd we work with an odd clientele.

Anyways my boss sad that if I could found a way to use them I could have them. That se won't throw them out with regular trash but paying another recycle company seems a waste because they want to charge us fees for crossing turf.

I can always send them to friends and family but all more than likely will end in trash...which defeats the purpose.

Quoting popomill:

angelbr
by Melissa on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
you could maybe check out local senioe centers or assisted living facilities. They could do crafts with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Happy2BDomestic
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Paper beads!

XVAmomma
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Thanks! I am giving this a try.

Quoting popomill:

Well, that's a freaking TON of magazines! I was going to suggest giving them to a school/daycare, but I see someone else already said that. So I went to look up what crafts to do with all those magazines, and this is the only link I saw that looked decent (You know, with pictures and stuff).

http://www.lovelyish.com/763754440/10-crafts-to-make-with-upcycled-magazines/

My only other suggestion is go to the library and look up craft books, I know some general craft books will have some ideas, aside from paper craft books. Well, good luck!

Quoting XVAmomma:

Quoting popomill:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN