Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Ok crafters... I need some ideas!

Posted by   + Show Post

I work for head start and we are doing a holiday craft bonanza for one of our parent nights. This involves parents and children making something for maybe grandma or grandpa. It needs to be easy enough for a 4 year old to help with and low in cost as far as materials go (leaning towards some recycled items that parents can collect). Ok, let me know what you ladies come up with! Thanks!!! -Jen

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:28 AM
Have them make picture frames from card board( cereal boxes etc) and the kids can decorate with whatever and take their pics infront of a Christmas tree and print pics off and put in picture frame and maybe add a Popsicle stick easel?
allycally
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Cinnamon ornaments
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stillvnu
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Make pictures out of hand and foot prints ... You'll need a few more adults to be hands on but it will be a more memorable gift.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Love this idea!

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

Buy dollar tree photo frames and decorate them. They can paint, glue and write anything they want and it's all under $5 :)

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM

This is SUPER adorable too!

Quoting Stillvnu:

Make pictures out of hand and foot prints ... You'll need a few more adults to be hands on but it will be a more memorable gift.

cowgirls10181
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM
http://www.southernasbiscuits.com/2011/11/homemade-model-magic.html?m=1 clay orinments, take a few days to dry but are fun and can be painted very cheep
MomofAlice
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Cut egg cartons in half, flip them upside down and decorate them as caterpillars. You can use felt, glitter, those long fuzzy bendable sticks. Kids love making these!
tattooedmama218
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM
There is a really cool site called cutoutandsave.net they have different craft ideas and alot are from recycled items
RutterMama
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM

SUCH great ideas!

billssweety
by Cyndi on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM

When I saw these I thought of this post.

Reindeer ornaments using kids thumbprints.    Write their names and the year on the back for a great memento!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN