Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Crayon roll makers?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM
  • 3 Replies
I saw the post for the ? About putting crayons in them or not and it reminded me I had a ? About them myself lol. I'm wanting to make one for my dd, niece, nephew, and 2 of my friends kids. I tried to make one before a long time ago and my sewing machine needle kept breaking. Does anyone know what might have caused this? I don't know if the fabric was to thick or what the deal was. The one fabric I was useing was a thick almost fleece like material. Any tips on how to have a success please let me know!
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TAG_ur_it
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:23 AM

the only thing i know of is use a different needle.  i buy multipacks from walmart.  there are 6 in the pack.  2 of each for 3 different fabric weights.  i had the same problem when i was trying to make a denim rug.  stronger needled did the trick.  sometimes though, mine breaks if the bobbin comes loose or my tension is WAY off (i have a 4 year old who likes to help)

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I use 100% cotton fabrics (and the occasional satin/sateen for the teens) with fusible interface and haven't had problems with my standard needles. I can use that one for stuff as thick as a light weight sweat material but for anything heavier or fleece type fabrics I use a heavier needle.

RutterMama
by Tia on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Bump for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)