Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Metal Stamping?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have wanted a hand stamped Mom necklace for a while now but haven't been able to fathom spending the $ people ask. I found stamps for $10 that my Dad is getting for me but my question is, where is the best place to order stamping blank charms? I want sterling and I prefer a matte finish but its not a must.  I ave ordered beading supplies from Fire Mountain in the past with success but I know there is more out there!

I already have sterling silver chains and jump rings from when I made some stuff back in 2007. All I want are 2 small to medium sized disks where I'm just stamping their first names (maybe middle) which are both 5 letter names and their birthdays. So I don't need or want anything elaborate. Eventually I want to make DH a bracelet or something too.

also any tips or things I should know? I learned last night that DH has done metal stamping. Apparently last year for his military unit he had to tags about 100 pcs of equipment and all he had at his disposal were hand stamps so at least he has lots of experience. 

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MissElissa21
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I'm sorry, I have no experience with Metal Stamping!

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM

bump

squeekers
Yesterday at 1:17 AM
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM

see if any metallurgy shops could help?

babynurse454
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Paper Wish crafting magazine has a lot of stuff like that. I love their magazine! Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Have you tried firemountaingems.com?  

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Look on Etsy - I've bought from Bopper and metalsupplychic - fairly reasonable.
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM

My friend Kristin of A Simply Enchanted Life (dot com if you want to learn more) does metal stamping. She could help you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)