Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Mod podge question?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm making a big poster for my son's birthday party. I stenciled out letters from card stock and having a picture of him blown up. My question is can I use mod podge on the picture? It will be a matte print. And how exactly should I use it to put all the lettering on the poster board and the picture?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sreichelt26
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Technically you could - mod podge the back of the picture, stick to poster board, thin layer on top.

But I would go with double sided tape or picture squares (little squares like double sided tape)

melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM

You could use glue dots too.

MommySarah986
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Thanks, I was thinking more over the picture. It will be printed in matte and I want the whole poster glossy. So can I just put glossy mod podge over the whole thing?

Quoting sreichelt26:

Technically you could - mod podge the back of the picture, stick to poster board, thin layer on top.

But I would go with double sided tape or picture squares (little squares like double sided tape)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Yes, just use really thin coats.

OR use a glossy spray adhesive

Quoting MommySarah986:

Thanks, I was thinking more over the picture. It will be printed in matte and I want the whole poster glossy. So can I just put glossy mod podge over the whole thing?

Quoting sreichelt26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)