Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I bought a pattern that has several Barbie ourfits, including a gorgeous wedding dress, a fairy gown, and several others. Today I started to make some clothes for DD for xmas. It is so hard!!!! I am having so much trouble working with the tiny peices and the patterns are not at all simple. I saw some easier looking ideas on pinterest, but I hate to waste the money I spent on the pattern. 

Has anyone made any Barbie clothes before and had success? Any suggestions? 

I hate all the slutty clothes they make for Barbie! Ugh. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Replies (11-11):
gina6239
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Thanks! Those look much simpler than the pattern I had. I will have to try them. I don't have silky fabric, but it is hard to work with, they are jersey knits. I bet some quilting type material would work and I know Walmart sells squares for 99 cents. I will try again!

Quoting Stillvnu:

Yes, Barbie clothes are challenging with the tiny seams, etc.  I have made several over the years and have thought of making some for Christmas this year for the grandkids ... my first suggestion is to NOT start with silky fabric's ... start simple with a gathered skirt, fleece poncho, looser clothing will have more fabric and easier to handle until you get into the groove.  Pick a style that you are comfortable to make and just change the fabric's and trims ... if your daughter is young she won't they are all the same and will love them!

Check out this blog ... http://www.ellzabelle.com/2010/08/barbie-clothes.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)