Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

OT: Thanksgiving...

ZsMommy
I swear Cafe is trying to keep me out of my own grou. this is the only site that completely freezes up my computer. Dear Cafe-some of us are not on mobile or choose to be-those of us with desktop connection can't get on here lately without a fight.
Today at 1:43 AM
Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:44 AM
  • 17 Replies

You Cooking? apron

You going somewhere to eat? eating

Is it a "dreaded family get together" arguing

Or do you look forward to it? bouncing

~Heids

Matthew 6:34

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystlbear_84
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I love Thanksgiving. We are staying home this year. I have a few family members coming over, everyone isn't coming because well they don't get along. I will be cooking turkey, ham, rice dressing, green bean casserole, candied yams, and we'll have rolls. Dessert will be pie (pecan and cherry). I think that's it.

Don't Just Stand There....SCRAP Something!
krystlbear's Corner
MissElissa21
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I have to work and so does hubby. I will probably send the kids with my dad to wherever he is going for dinner, if anywhere.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:24 AM

We will go to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. They do all the cooking, so we just get to go visit and eat. :)

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Normally we just make a thanksgiving dinner at our house and whoever wants to see us can come, but my mom is doing a thanksgiving dinner this year.  I'm so happy that i only have to make corn pudding this year, but i'm really dreading going to my moms house.  she's a very nosy person and uses family gettogethers to get info out of my husband and dd that i'm not telling her.

Mama2Mikey
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:30 AM

We are going to my moms place (she lives here in town, like 5 minutes from us) and she and I will be cooking while the kids (and hubs) watch the parade, then of course football. We are looking forward to it, we have a blast every year. 

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM

We do not have any family here in Michigan, my parents live in Omaha and Mike's parents live near Hays Kansas. So every year we invite two bachelors that Mike works with and we cook a feast for them. One of the guys is a friend from when we lived in Nebraska, so we all get along pretty well. The other guy just moved up here last year, I was shocked to hear nobody else had invited him to their house, so we did.

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM
For us Thanksgiving is an assigned potluck. that my that my mom or or aunt did a did all the cooking for Thanksgiving and Grandma did all the cooking for Christmas but now that my siblings are a are all in our twenties and our grandparents are getting older we all pitch in for both holidays because between us is there are usually at least 21 people
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessejames2954
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM

We go to my moms house for Thanksgiving and then the girls stay for the night so I can hit the sales.

luvmyaustin
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM
I dearly look forward to everything holiday thanksgiving is at my house every year and we all have a great time there is roughly 16 of us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM

family get together but i dont dread it hubbys cousins have lots of 3-4 yr old toddlers for my 3 yr old to play with

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN