Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I am looking for crafty ideas for a gender reveal.....any suggestions?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Replies (101-110):
MeggieK44
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM
A friend of mine had a family dinner and had everyone guess what gender. Then after dinner they opened a big box full of pink balloons.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StormiAnn
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Bump
mamalove1023
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM

How about colored confetti put inside balloons. Everyone can pop their balloon and pink/blue confetti will be everywhere!

My friend did the balloons in the box and photographed it as her older 5 kids opened the box.  Then she posted the pictures in an email.  It was really neat to see the kids expressions.:)

I'm at a loss as I didn't know with my kids....on purpose.  I wanted to be surprised.  There are so few things in life that are true surprises.  Maybe just keep it to yourself. lol I know, its too hard.  I don't think I could keep that to myself.  Good Luck.

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Please don't find this idea silly, but when I was about 15 I told my stepmother that I would surprise my to be husband with a fancy dinner and lots of pink and blue balloons stuffed in the bedroom, filled to the ceiling.  My stepmother said what a stupid thing to say, my husband would of course KNOW it all ready.  Be-atch.  She hitched a ride back to Hell a couple of years ago.  I don't remember how I ultimately told my husband about our daughter, but he sure as heck didn't know before I did.  I found out because I passed out while checking my aircraft for takeoff.  The flight doctor told me I was grounded until February.   I DO remember how I told him I was pregnant with our son.  He came home and said surprise, he had turned in his retirement papers with the military, I said I had a surprise, too, baby due in October!  HE FAINTED!   

mommylizTB2809
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I would like to know some ideas too. for next child.

Quoting billssweety:

I am looking for crafty ideas for a gender reveal.....any suggestions?

Daya81
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM

My neice and I are doing a "What will it Bee?" double gender reveal wednesday since we are due a week apart. We are adding a drop or two of food coloring into a clear glass with a paper wrapper (we are using bee-themed water bottle wrappers). I'll pour sprite into hers and she'll pour mine. When the sprite comes up over the paper wrapper it'll be pink or blue=0) 

Daya81
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Quoting jessk91185:

i read someone posted about scratch off tickets to reveal the gender where would you get something like that

You can make them. Acrylic paint and dish soap. Directions: http://www.coollikepie.com/3/post/2012/07/you-try-it89.html

aquariusly
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM

This is what we did: we didnt tell anyone we were trying to get pregnant, so when we knew for sure we bought a "big brother" shirt for our 3 year old son, took a picture and sent it to family and friends first and then posted it on facebook. It was pretty awesome to see their reactions. We have our ultrasound 1 week after Thanksgiving and for the gender reveal we are going to make a pink or blue balloon baby,  write it's name on a white onesie and dress it, and then have our son hold it while we take pics. 

abernathyvanna
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I wasn't too creative... >.> 

I just posted a belly pic on fb the day before and had everyone guess on the gender. Then the next day I scanned and posted the ultrasound pic and (since I already had names picked out) I captioned the picture of his profile.. Little.... and after quite a few people commented with the "aw tell us already boy or girl?" I posted his name up in the comments. 

(Family and close friends got a call or a text with his u/s pic and name on the ride home from the dr.'s office) But since most of my friends are online, I figured that a fb reveal was the right way for me to go. 

So_Devious20
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM
These are all super cute ideas. (=
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)