Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I am looking for crafty ideas for a gender reveal.....any suggestions?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
billssweety
by Cyndi on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM

We'll deffinately have cake or cupcakes, which ever she decides, and prob do the inside of the color the sex......

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting billssweety:

Thanks ladies, love all the ideas....really wanted something different and well I'm not that creative...LOL

Her BF suggested a volcano and when the "lava" comes out whatever color it is the sex....kind of think that would be fun....hope he knows how to make a volcano!

Baking soda n vinegar -add food coloring

Ya might want a separate cake to actually serve-forgot to add that.

ZsMommy
by Heids on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM

If he wants the lava to come out-Make a cake in the shape of a volcano,but hollow out the center to contain a cup. Mix baking soda and if you can find one of those colorless kool aids that change color when wet-that might work to mix with the baking soda-then when you pour the vinegar into the center-the baking soda will bubble and the coloring will come out-least I think-cuz now that I think of it-baking soda and vinegar takes out stains..

Okay-gotta do a little googling to figure this one out for definite.

Quoting billssweety:

We'll deffinately have cake or cupcakes, which ever she decides, and prob do the inside of the color the sex......

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting billssweety:

Thanks ladies, love all the ideas....really wanted something different and well I'm not that creative...LOL

Her BF suggested a volcano and when the "lava" comes out whatever color it is the sex....kind of think that would be fun....hope he knows how to make a volcano!

billssweety
by Cyndi on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Yeah I was thinking that too....my only thought was that vinegar/baking soda mixutre "running" down the cake may not taste so great.....LOL.....

Quoting ZsMommy:

If he wants the lava to come out-Make a cake in the shape of a volcano,but hollow out the center to contain a cup. Mix baking soda and if you can find one of those colorless kool aids that change color when wet-that might work to mix with the baking soda-then when you pour the vinegar into the center-the baking soda will bubble and the coloring will come out-least I think-cuz now that I think of it-baking soda and vinegar takes out stains..

Quoting billssweety:

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting billssweety:

ZsMommy
by Heids on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM

That's why I had suggested a second cake to serve-the volcano for display only

Quoting billssweety:

Yeah I was thinking that too....my only thought was that vinegar/baking soda mixutre "running" down the cake may not taste so great.....LOL.....

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting billssweety:

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quoting billssweety:

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I would have kenzie wear a shirt that says I'm the big sister :). But we live far from home so we won't get the chance to have a reveal party even if I wanted to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Our friends did the unity sand bottle at their wedding.....where the bride and groom each pour a colored sand into a pretty bottle and the colors blend.

When they were expecting, they revealed the gender at the baby shower, presenting the guests with "favors" of baby bottles filled with pink , lavender and white sand.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not any good at these kind of things, I never found out we were having until the child was born, I do like the idea of the older child wearing a shirt that says my little ___(insert gender) is coming. That's all I have, lame I know. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aphalicious
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM
4 moms liked this

a friend had a cake baked and in the cake had only one collored sprinkle in it. Blue for boy pink for girl. She also did the clothes pin game. (have everyone over and each person wears a clothes pin on their clothes. If they are caught doing one of the restricted things on a list that you make, the first person who sees them do it gets to take their clip away. at the end of the party their was a big gift that the winner got to open. Inside was a home made baby blanket and a baby doll that was dressed in either baby boy clothes or baby girl clothes.) Make sure you let your guest know that the winner will get the honors of revealing the sex of the baby! Most want to do it so they will be keeping a close eye on everyyone to try to be the one to get the honor of opening the gift with the gender suprise in it!

sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM
5 moms liked this

Jewish people have those, it's a ceremony/party. Some people take joy in their day-to-day lives, try it sometime, you might like having fun with some things.

Quoting roxxyt:

I guess, I don't get it anymore, pregnancy pics, gender reveal parties, what's next circumcision party?

Quoting billssweety:

She went to a reveal party last night and now wants to do it, she said it was a ton of fun....

Quoting roxxyt:

Omg just tell people

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

IansMommy2012
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Cake that's colored ? like bake a white cake and put either pink or blue food coloring in it :) then the outside decorate it to be gender neutral .. and then when the parents or you cut into it, EVERYONE will then see what the gender is! :)))) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)