Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I am looking for crafty ideas for a gender reveal.....any suggestions?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Replies (51-60):
rlk121909
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:37 AM

i want to send family that live far away scratch off tickets and i want to have a party i want to have a big box filled with ballons as the gender reveal and i want the cake though it wont be as surprising :p

TaleiLove12
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I had a friend of mine take pictures of my daughter holding chalk with My baby brother is due on Christmas and then I posted them on facebook and sent them out to the ones who don't have facebook. That way people knew when I was due and what I was having all in one. No one knew I was pregnant until then
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
djscinnabun
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Another idea is getting a solid colored balloon and filling it with blue or pink sequins (less messy than glitter) and asking a family member to do the honors of popping it (maybe grandma or older sibling, etc.)

BrooklynsMom11
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM
We did gender cakes. I bought a small sized cake pan that had a mold in the middle. I colored the filling pink when we found out it was a girl and iced it white with pink and blue question marks on the top. My family and mil all got there own and had to cut into to it to reveal the sex. It worked great plus we had cake to eat as celebration. Everyone loved it!
ivy801
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Yeah they do those to, well not everyone but yo ge tthe idea.

Quoting roxxyt:

I guess, I don't get it anymore, pregnancy pics, gender reveal parties, what's next circumcision party?

Quoting billssweety:

She went to a reveal party last night and now wants to do it, she said it was a ton of fun....

Quoting roxxyt:

Omg just tell people

Chasesmum3109
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM
There already is lol in the jewish religion called the brisk.

Quoting roxxyt:

I guess, I don't get it anymore, pregnancy pics, gender reveal parties, what's next circumcision party?

Quoting billssweety:

She went to a reveal party last night and now wants to do it, she said it was a ton of fun....

Quoting roxxyt:

Omg just tell people

Malayahsmom06
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Wow what a grumpy butt! How dare people want to make something fun?? I think someone needs a happy meal. If you didnt want to contribute something to the conversation why open the post?

Quoting roxxyt:

Quoting billssweety:

Quoting roxxyt:

Omg just tell people

luvmylilbean
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM
3 moms liked this

I wish we had done one with this baby, but I was just too excited and couldn't wait lol. Next time we will do a gender reveal! (I think lol). Found these on pinterest.

1- fill a pinata with pink or blue confetti

2- make cupcakes, fill the center with either pink or blue

3- big box filled with pink/blue balloons

4- make word search cards and make one say 'its a ___'

Gender reveal shower~! Gender Reveal Party.... gender reveal party
Gender Reveal gender reveal cupcakes

gender reveal gender reveal party

MyIslandGirls
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:27 PM

actually there has be an upserge in the jewish communities of having a bris with out the actual circumcision now... I am totally unsure as to what they are called.. I guess it would be what a bris would be for a baby girl (since the jewish religion doesn't circumcise girls)  I think that's pretty neat!  I don't see the issue of celebrating your pregnancy.... why not have a gender revel party? what's it going to hurt?

Quoting roxxyt:

I thought so, wasn't sure what they were called, I guess we were always so excited we just told everyone what our babies were right away, it's a cute idea, I couldn't wait to have a party to tell everyone too excitable I guess. Didn't mean to sound mean wasn't my intention , my daughter is pregnant, and like me she just told everyone as soon as she found out what she was having.

Quoting Mommavieve:

They do have circumcision parties. It's called a bris.

Quoting roxxyt:

Quoting billssweety:

Quoting roxxyt:

Omg just tell people

Candice- Mom of 3 beautiful children! K (Jan 01) E (Feb 06) M (Oct 09) In Training to be a Post Partum Doula (Ancient Comfort Doula Services) I am a babywearer, a breastfeeder, a farm living, dog loving, spiritual being. I believe that all children have the right to WHOLE bodies, and free health care. I am Canadian who is spiritually married to a Funny, Sweet Frenchman whose cooking is food for the soul. My blog is 3 Kids Then Me  Check it out.

teeg1
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN