Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I am looking for crafty ideas for a gender reveal.....any suggestions?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Replies (81-90):
alliesaurus
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Quoting krystlbear_84:

I have a friend who made scratch off tickets.

I LOVE this idea. We live far from our family so we wont be able to have a get together or anything so these are great because i could just mail them out with a cute card and poem or something! It sounds like so much fun!

shannon.m.park
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:42 PM

BUMP!

nikki4eva88
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:43 PM
OMG!! Do you have any pics?

Quoting mmyof2armywife:

I'd love tosee those I bet they're adorable!

Quoting GodsAmiga:

I'm doing mine via photos. I don't know if these have been suggested already but one of the ones I did was put blue balloons in a wooden box that we had and my husband and I stood behind it while our 2 and 4 year old daughters opened it. I taped the strings of the balloons to the bottom so they wouldn't float away just in case the photographer missed the balloons coming out and needed to have us do it again. Lol! I also got on my knees so that I was the same height as my kids and the three of us showed our bellies (mine was a side view though-lol) and we each had a letter painted on our tummies so that we spelled out "BOY." The last thing we did was that on the side of my tummy I took a baby doll and painted its foot with blue paint and put a tiny blue baby footprint on the side of my stomach. Then my husband put his arms around my stomach and with his hands made a heart around the footprint. :-) After the photo session I also thought that I could have taken 5 blue balloons and put a letter on each one to spell out "Isaac" (our baby's name) and had us all stand in a row while holding the balloons in order. :-)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

A Bris isn't really a party, it's part of a religious ceremony. It's kind of like getting Baptized.

Quoting roxxyt:

I thought so, wasn't sure what they were called, I guess we were always so excited we just told everyone what our babies were right away, it's a cute idea, I couldn't wait to have a party to tell everyone too excitable I guess. Didn't mean to sound mean wasn't my intention , my daughter is pregnant, and like me she just told everyone as soon as she found out what she was having.

Quoting Mommavieve:

They do have circumcision parties. It's called a bris.

EJs_Mama2k10
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:00 PM
At my shower a friend has decorated letters spelling the babies name that I later hung on his bedroom wall...after going around the room asking several people what they thought sex was..my friends walked in to the room one at a time revealing the name
wantinababygirl
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Mine is tomorrow. We're doing the "can't say baby game" witha huge gift basket w/ a bunch of stuff in it. Colored balloons in a BIG box, colored cake, & pink & blue MnM's in a jar, everybody guesses how many there are & they get the jar of candy. Also strawberry & blue raz daquries(sp), some virgin & some not. I'm sooo excited!!
roxxyt
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Oh ok I'm just trying to figure this all out now that I'm gonna be a grandma, my first daughter just called me to let me know everything. My second daughter is doing everything lol, the preg. Pics she had a shower, she lives in another state so just trying to figure it all out.

Quoting cjsmom1:

A Bris isn't really a party, it's part of a religious ceremony. It's kind of like getting Baptized.

Quoting roxxyt:

I thought so, wasn't sure what they were called, I guess we were always so excited we just told everyone what our babies were right away, it's a cute idea, I couldn't wait to have a party to tell everyone too excitable I guess. Didn't mean to sound mean wasn't my intention , my daughter is pregnant, and like me she just told everyone as soon as she found out what she was having.

Quoting Mommavieve:

They do have circumcision parties. It's called a bris.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dreamtobeamom
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:10 PM

a cake inside is pink or blue depending

mycheyl
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this
A cute one I saw was they filled black balloons with blue confetti (pink for girl) and hung them from the ceiling with ribbon. Everyone had a pin and on the count of 3 popped the balloons. Blue confetti went everywhere.
cjsmom1
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM

It's definitely complicated. When I was preggo we only did a baby shower, now there's like a million other parties before the baby even gets here.

Quoting roxxyt:

Oh ok I'm just trying to figure this all out now that I'm gonna be a grandma, my first daughter just called me to let me know everything. My second daughter is doing everything lol, the preg. Pics she had a shower, she lives in another state so just trying to figure it all out.

Quoting cjsmom1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)