Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I am looking for crafty ideas for a gender reveal.....any suggestions?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Replies (91-100):
cgarlic
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I was gonna do the cake reveal for my dh last time cuz he was outta state. Instead I just had my DD call & tell him she was having a sister.

A cute one I saw to reveal pregnancy was taking a pic of everyone's shoes lined up. Then had an extra pair, the caption said "our family is growing by two feet". This would work for reveal too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeckhardt
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I had a friend who found out the gender of her friends baby. The parents didn't know until the party. She put lips and mustaches on sticks and people could guess which one by taking the appropriate stick. The cake was used to tell the actual gender though.

For my Dd, we found out on my birthday and recorded the ultrasound on DVD with gender appropriate music. DS's birthday party was 2 days later so we told him then went and played the DVD for our families. It was perfect timing since we were all together!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
januarybabies
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Quoting roxxyt:

Omg just tell people

If you don't like the idea of a gender reveal party, don't respond to the post!!! Good Lord.
januarybabies
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:54 PM
We did the cake, played an old wives tales game, asked for name suggestions, did a story game where the guests sat in a circle with envelopes one envelope contained a paper that said winner we read a "story" that used the words boy an girl repeatedly the envelopes were passed right for girl and left for boy then whoever ended up with the winning envelope received a gift card.
We also Had envelopes that the guests could swap with each other if they heard a "restricted word" said, some were winners some were not. I might still have the outline for our entire party that I could email if interested.
Chaoz_Girl7311
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

After DH and I found out we were having a girl, we went to the dollar store and bought a dozen plain purple balloons and a few pink flowered ones. Shoved them in the trunk of the car and told our parents to open the trunk, and out came a ton of balloons. My dad was praying for a girl, he was so happy he cried, and then we all cried!!! It was a great moment ill never forger

Alliemad_3
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I did this photoshoot for good friends of mine a few months ago.  Most of the family was behind me (they didn't know) as well as a set of grandparents Skyped in on the laptop and an aunt and uncle Facetiming on the iPad.  It was intense...lol

I have my watermark marked out because it contains my full name ;)

1-10.png

2-6.png

GodsAmiga
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this

My computer is being finnicky but I'll try to upload them. :-)

Quoting mmyof2armywife:

I'd love tosee those I bet they're adorable!

Quoting GodsAmiga:

I'm doing mine via photos. I don't know if these have been suggested already but one of the ones I did was put blue balloons in a wooden box that we had and my husband and I stood behind it while our 2 and 4 year old daughters opened it. I taped the strings of the balloons to the bottom so they wouldn't float away just in case the photographer missed the balloons coming out and needed to have us do it again. Lol! I also got on my knees so that I was the same height as my kids and the three of us showed our bellies (mine was a side view though-lol) and we each had a letter painted on our tummies so that we spelled out "BOY." The last thing we did was that on the side of my tummy I took a baby doll and painted its foot with blue paint and put a tiny blue baby footprint on the side of my stomach. Then my husband put his arms around my stomach and with his hands made a heart around the footprint. :-) After the photo session I also thought that I could have taken 5 blue balloons and put a letter on each one to spell out "Isaac" (our baby's name) and had us all stand in a row while holding the balloons in order. :-)

brenatens
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:50 PM
My hubby and I wraped a pink pitcher frame with a picture of her from the ultra sound and gave it to our parents on Christmas. It was funny because they didn't get it right away. A friend did a pregnancy picture where she was at the beach and wrote in the sand "it's a girl". It was pretty, and a fun way to tell. I also like the idea of a child wearing a big sister shirt, and seeing how quickly people get it.
SoInLoveYS
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Those looking for a smaller-scale idea can ask a party supply store to fill a black balloon with either pink or blue confetti, and then wield a pin at the party. Pop!

Baby center.com
JanaLap
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Bake cookies, either blue or pink food coloring or however...and put them in favor boxes and let everyone open them...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)