Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

ok ladies i amm stupid!

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM
  • 10 Replies
I need help making a simple bow!! Ive read everything online and my bow comes out all jacked up! Not pretty like the pictures! Can u ladies direct me in the right direction! I made christmas card wreaths and i want to add a bow on top!

Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMCMSM
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:54 AM
The easiest way I have found is to take your ribbon and make two loops then cross them. The loop on the top fold over the other and through the hole. Pull tight adjusting the tails as you go.... google how to tie a bow. The fifth image with red ribbon and white polka dots shows pics
meliscool72
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM

hopefully these will help

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+make+a+christmas+bow+with+ribbon&oq=how+to+make+a+christmas+bo&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l6.9939.9939.0.14854.1.1.0.0.0.0.127.127.0j1.1.0...0.0...1ac.1.T-E21MI3ii0

kagdwg09
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:02 AM
Thanks ladies! AMCMSM. I was doing that but it came out weird!! I will keep practicing!
yzaguirre1986
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Have u try YouTube? N are u talking about the bows that look like the breast cancer logo? If so u aren't the only one who can't make them. I couldn't make one of those to save my life lol n I make hair bows how sad is that o_O
kagdwg09
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Im talking about this type of bow!!
mama_girl07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM

This shows how I do it for hair bows but you could so it for that one too. Just do one longer then add a matching piece around the center

http://www.theribbonretreat.com/blog/triple-stack-bow.html

Aphalicious
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM

the easiest way I have found is take one 4-6 inch peice of ribbon and fold it in half. Making a crease. Take the ends and fold them along the lighter side of the ribbon to the crease. hot glue it their or sew it. Then once both are in place and the glue is still bendable, fold it in half to where the new crease of the .... ugg i think i am confusing you a bit here let me get you a youtube link to show you a very simple bow. I am also going to maybe do a few vid. for you to see how i do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMg94AwIOWg

Aphalicious
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

ohh ok this one  has a little trick to it that i love lol. ok take about 10 in of ribbon. Meassure about 2-3 inches in from one end and make a loop. then do the same to the other side. to where you have 2 loops in tyour hand and the new tails are crosses . aply a small dab of glue. hold till it is in place and wont move. Get a smaller ribbon around 6 inches in length. Fold in half bolder color on the outside. Apply a dab of glue in the center of the bow u just made and apply the end of the new ribbon to the spot. Hold for about 3-5 seconds. Wrap 2 times till you have about 2 in. of ribbon hanging up in back. put a dab of glue on the back to hold it in place till dried. Their you go!

Quoting kagdwg09:

Im talking about this type of bow!!

kagdwg09
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Thanks ladies!! I appreciate all the help!
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have any extra-large forks lying around? Or maybe a hand-held garden hoe? If so, try this method: http://www.eskimimimakes.com/2012/03/fork-bows-how-to-tie-bow-using-fork.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)