Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

My dd already has a craft fairy and she hasn't even gotten her Christmas gift yet!

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:24 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I mentioned to a coworker that my dd wants a sewing machine so that she can learn to quilt (ok, I've mentioned it to anyone who would sit still and listen over the last two or three weeks since we made the decision because I am so thrilled she wants to do this) and one of them decided to be a craft fairy and brought me a bag of fabric for her yesterday at work even though she had said she would look over Thanksgiving break. It was the best part of a hellish day. And when I let my dd know she is going to be delighted. I am going to let her make a mini dolly quilt for her cousin for Christmas with the fabric...which means at some point I have to fo buy batting and backing fabric (if I don't have a fabric that will work here.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaiTilley
by Dai on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM
That's so exciting! How awesome that she wants to learn =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krystlbear_84
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM

That's awesome.

Don't Just Stand There....SCRAP Something!
krystlbear's Corner
LivinDeadGurl
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:44 PM

That is so sweet!

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:06 PM

sheets will work for backing especially mismatched flat sheets

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Thanks. I'll have to see what we have, that is a wonderful idea.

Quoting mariesmama:

sheets will work for backing especially mismatched flat sheets

melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:40 PM

That's awesome!!

Jlu88
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
My 5 year expressed interest in getting one today at the craft store. I don't know that she has anything specific in mind, but im getting her one. how can i not, lol. She looked up at me with her big brown eyes when i was telling my parents and said to me "Mom, I need you to teach me everything you know about sewing."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by Jaime on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

What a nice thing for yourco-worker to do!

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Awesome!

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

We saw mini children's Singer sewing machines at walmart they are functional but they won't sew anything but cotton and are less likely for small fingers to be caught in and they are in pink and purple.

Quoting Jlu88:

My 5 year expressed interest in getting one today at the craft store. I don't know that she has anything specific in mind, but im getting her one. how can i not, lol. She looked up at me with her big brown eyes when i was telling my parents and said to me "Mom, I need you to teach me everything you know about sewing."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN