Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kinda OT--does anyone know anything about child modeling?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM
  • 11 Replies
We were shopping last night, and a modeling scout from a very big agency(I have seen their offices) expressed a ton of interest in Leana. She asked how old Leana is and I said she'd be 2 in a week and she said that their program is only for age 3 and up, but she said that Leana is "too perfect to pass up!" She took down our contact info and said to expect her call this week for us to take Leana to their agency for a class and said that the registration is completely free. I'm wondering if anyone knows what to expect from this... I have heard before that supposedly any place that requires you to pay isn't legit, but how true is that in case there are classes or something we have to pay for? Does anyone know anything about the subject bc I am clueless lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AriannasMommy84
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I don't know, sorry. Maybe research it online?

<3 Crystal <3
Wife to Clay(2008),
Mommy to Arianna(2003),
Fur baby fettuccine(2009),
Isabella(2009),
& Madelyn(2011)

in loveteen girltoddler girlbaby girlcat
No measure of time with you will be long enough. But we'll start with forever."

krystlbear_84
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I have a friend who had her son is some child modeling. I'll see what I can out.

Don't Just Stand There....SCRAP Something!
krystlbear's Corner
melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I have no idea or experience! you can always do a google search on the company and see what comes up? OR ask around ?

mamabearlehman
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I was a child model. Any place that wants you to pay for classes or pictures is not legit and you will never get any jobs or money from that agency. Modeling is a job that YOU get paid for, not the other way around.

Aphalicious
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I passed a company in this area up cause they showed interest in one of my children but not the other 2. Plus they wanted us to buy certain clothes from certain places that were like $100 each outfit so I told them no. I wan't going to show favertism between my kids. It was all 3 or non :)

jazi1105
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :) that is what I had heard.

I did get a call from them today and got amazing news. The lady said that of all of the kids she was interested in, Leana stood out to her the most and she gave us our orientation date and let me know that they are very interested in recruiting her and want to make the investment in her because even though she is young, they see a lot of potential in her. I have been walking around with a giant cheesy grin since that call lol I have wanted this for so long. I'm going to post a few photos after this reply so you can see why I think she will do great...

Quoting mamabearlehman:

I was a child model. Any place that wants you to pay for classes or pictures is not legit and you will never get any jobs or money from that agency. Modeling is a job that YOU get paid for, not the other way around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

2 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

3 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Now :)
(she's almost 2 but looks older)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Aww she's so pretty!
Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)