Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Holiday Stockings

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

I really want to do stockings this year for all 5 of us and the pooch.  I don't want to go and spend money on new ones but would love some cute ones with our personal names on them.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have no time to crochet any as I'm trying frantically to finish my last huge cross stitch for Christmas.

Thanks for the ideas!

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krystlbear_84
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I got our stocking at Wal-Mart a few years ago and used puff paint for our names on them. This year we have a cat so I need to get one more stocking. We just keep re-using them over and over. My goal is to get some personalized ones, but the ones I want are $20 and I just can't see myself spending $100 on 5 stockings.

Don't Just Stand There....SCRAP Something!
krystlbear's Corner
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM

i made my daughters this yr stupid me when i moved here i didnt pack the stockings hers is white felt, with a red felt cuff  i used glitter and glue to make her name on the cuff then we will be using the furry stocking the velveteen rabbit came in and hubbys from when he was little

cutestmom24
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I got my dd's stockinat the doller tree its Disney princess.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I got my dd's stockinat the doller tree its Disney princess.
ttcagirl86
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:26 PM
The kids have stocking from dollar tree, toy story, Mickey, and the princesses. Used puff paint for their names.
AngryBob
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:15 PM
We got cross stitch ones, and I was soo excited about them, until I started working on the first, and two months later, I'm maybe halfway done with it lol. It is way more work than i had thought.
So what we're going to do is got super cheap felt stockings, with the glitter glue, and last night I wrote everyone's names on the stockings in the glue. I'm going to continue making the cross stitch ones. Hopefully I'll be done by next Christmas! Lol
Wish I could help more.
mommy4ever07
by Casey on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I've got 3 birth announcement cross stitches to finish this year, and then I'm hoping to finish cross stitch stockings for all 5 of us next year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)