Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Which sewing machine do you have?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 25 Replies
I have the singer stylist. Does anyone else have issues with bobbins? Mine recently ran out of thread and my needle does not want to pick up the new bobbin thread.. So aggervatimg cause I'm in the middle of a project.
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roxxyt
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Sorry your having a problem with your bobbin, I had to change to a different kind of bobbin and cannot find them everywhere, its a pain. I have an Elna, quilters dream. 

nw91920
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Look I love my machine but remembered this is,why I gave up sewing for a little while. I have always had issues with bobbins they are evil.
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM

project runway brother 8080 i like it but it still confuses me sometimes 

katy_kay08
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I have a hand me down Bernina and a 30+ year old kenmore.  Since getting my mother's old bernina I've been sewing daily.  Definitely love the machine.  

rowansmum
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Haha I have a brother that's all steel, far older than me! I just got a.newer kenmore (still older than me lol). My old beast doesn't like to keep proper tension but other than that its great. The kenmore is great and no issues so far excepr that the needle threads front to back instead of side to side which is epically maddening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Scottishbrat33
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I have a Brothers machine. I did have a singer and I also had trouble with the bobbins and the thread would jam. I know how frustrating it can be. Now I hand stichmy strips for my quilts then I sew them together on the machine. That's if your making quilts, making clothes  I would imagin it would be different.Good luck.

Artladydp
by Debby on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a thirty year old Bernina.  I would not trade it for anything!  Never had a problem with it.  Best machine in the sewing world!

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I have a singer and it works wonderfully, when my son doesn't help me adjust the tension, however, I lust after my mother's Husqvarna

babynurse454
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:24 PM
I have a new singer machine that hubby bought me for christmas last year,not sure of the model it is computerized. And Im just learning how to sew, Once i understand it Im sure I will love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I have a singer and it works wonderfully, when my son doesn't help me adjust the tension, however, I lust after my mother's Husqvarna

i dont blame you i learned on a husqvarna the tension finally messed up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)