Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I broke hubby's rules :) pictures

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 37 Replies
2 moms liked this

He told me not to put up the Christmas tree until after Thanksgiving. Yea right, like I ever listen to him! 90% of the ornaments on the tree are handmade, some by me, some by others that I have bought. The skirt on the bottom fits fine. It's a little small, but I have some bigger gifts that will cover the extra space anyway, so whatever.

Sorry, pics are crappy, they are with my cell phone, and I have 4 kids here running around like lunatics.

I also put up the little things. I want some more, I have 1 more shelf to fill :)

^I still need to put some cute ornaments on the wire looking thing in the back, but I am not done making them yet.

And, I hung some garland, bows and lights on my sliding door.

I have to get all of the empty boxes put away and get the rest of the little odds and ends up, and then hopefully I will have some time to paint and stuff ornaments. 

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Cool! I did the same thing against dh's rules. I decorated while he was away! He wasn't fond of it, but it's staying up now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I did mine last night first time my hubby ever let me do it early.

melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Awesome!

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM

cool im actuall listening to hubby and not putting up the tree till friday 

HollyHawk333
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:16 PM
We make a big event out of decorating. So we are doing it Sunday after family pictures. We do a Christmas movie, cheese and meat try dinner and decorate the tree and house. So as much as I want to do it early I am being patient
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Mine came home for lunch, he never comes home for lunch. He said, "oh ya babe, you just couldn't wait!?!" haha, nope, I sure couldn't! I am still working on my crochet garland. I have 12 spirals made, I need to either make more and hook them together, or put strings on them and use them as ornaments. I haven't all the way decided yet.

Quoting Turtledoves:

Cool! I did the same thing against dh's rules. I decorated while he was away! He wasn't fond of it, but it's staying up now!

MissElissa21
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM

He was complaining that I made him help me with the outside decorations yesterday and when we cleaned out the closet, I pulled all of the decorations out, and decided I was putting them up today. He tried arguing, but really, what's he going to do? He had to go to work, and he isn't going to use his energy to take them down, so, he will get over it. He's not mad, he just laughs because he knows, I do what I want ;)

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

I did mine last night first time my hubby ever let me do it early.

MissElissa21
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I was thinking about it, but the stuff I want for the kids is included in the sales on Friday, and I have to work. I didn't think I could stuff it all in before work, so I did it today lol. I still have to do housecleaning, but I am putting it off since these 4 kids here are just going to destroy it all in 10 minutes anyway.

Quoting mariesmama:

cool im actuall listening to hubby and not putting up the tree till friday 

MissElissa21
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM

That sounds nice! My kids are not cooperative enough to make a big event of it. They helped with some of the ornaments, but I wind up stepping all over them and they climb on things that are too tall for them. Plus, my BFF surprised me and dropped 2 of her kids off to me right in the middle of decorating, so they all got sent to play while I worked on it a little more. Had I known they were coming, I would have put the stuff up tomorrow and just cleaned today. Owell. Hindsight is 20/20. 

Quoting HollyHawk333:

We make a big event out of decorating. So we are doing it Sunday after family pictures. We do a Christmas movie, cheese and meat try dinner and decorate the tree and house. So as much as I want to do it early I am being patient

kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:01 PM

We were supposed to buy our tree wednesday/thursday and put it up and decorate friday... we can't decorate it friday now so I have no idea when we will :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)