Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help name my business? PIOG

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am starting a little Facebook craft page/business. I love crafting and solo many pages on there do so well. My focus is military items. I'm doing blankets, earrings, charm bracelets, resin picture pendents, earrings, flower pins, hand-painted plaques etc.. There is already a "forever yours" & "battle blankets"... Any creative ideas? Thanks!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Highly suggest you look into storenvy. It's a selling platform that is 100% free and very customizable. If you have  storefront to direct people to, then they can browse your other items and purchas ehtem directly there, rather than having to leave their personal paypal email on your public page or however you will do that.

You could always put your name into the store name to make it more unique. WHatever name you choose make sure to do a google search and a domain search to make sure the name is not taken.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM

You should start a Storenvy.com shop - it's completely free to use and much more professional than a FB page - and considering FB only shows 16% of the people who like your page your posts, it's not a good place to start out. Twitter is much better for marketing an indie business. I have helped dozens of people set up their Storenvy.com shops, if you need help just PM me.

As far your shop name, pick something that is all encompassing to everything you make, short, simple and easy to remember. Do a domain and google and FB search to make sure it is not in use my anyone else.

black.eyeliner
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Oh and animal names seem to be popular lately. Especially the mythical animals. I know that all my favorite yarn stores that are popping up have things in their name like Gryphon and Celephopod and Tiger.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)