Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

has anyone made any wreaths? Can you give me some ideas or share some pictures?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM
  • 11 Replies

My mother used to make different wreaths when I was younger and I remember watching her make them and thinking...I will make wreaths when I am older. Well, I am older now! I would love to make up different wreaths and hang them for the holidays or even give them as gifts. Can you share some of your wreath ideas or even better....share pics of some wreaths you have made?

I am excited to get started :)

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZsMommy
by Heids on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Well-first question is what type of wreath are you interested in making? Grapevine? Floral? Winter Greens? Fabric?

That will determine what base you use to create your wreath

RutterMama
by Tia on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:43 AM
I want to make some, but haven't had time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyg2ofct
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Heres one i did for halloween/thanksgiving. I love to use flowers and then add trinkets to it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyg2ofct
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Heres a summer time theme using shells and a few flowers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by Heids on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's two of mine-I've made others-just the two pics I have available @ the moment

deeredone2
by Deedra on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Beautiful wreaths ladies!  I've made one, but no pic yet.  Got to get something for the center of it.  Made the curly wire mesh one.

annasew
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I would have to dig mine out and then take pics and then figure out how to load them.   I can say I prefer grapvine (spring summer fall) or evergreen(winter) I then just buy whatever flowers or greenery I like and start shoving it in the wreath at random.   I must have a knack for it since I have sold many for 30-60 bucks.

aboutmygirls
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I am pretty much up for anything....except I am allergic to flowers and trees...like anything that has a smell...especially PINE! So, I am looking to make anything artificial and am really interested in maybe trying something with fabric or ribbon.

Quoting ZsMommy:

Well-first question is what type of wreath are you interested in making? Grapevine? Floral? Winter Greens? Fabric?

ZsMommy
by Heids on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Sounds like your best bet is to use either a foam or wire frame, or an artificial greens wreath since you'd probably be allergic to the straw wreath frames-not sure how you would react to grapevine.

Quoting aboutmygirls:

I am pretty much up for anything....except I am allergic to flowers and trees...like anything that has a smell...especially PINE! So, I am looking to make anything artificial and am really interested in maybe trying something with fabric or ribbon.

Quoting ZsMommy:

mommyg2ofct
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM
I use all artificial flowers they last longer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)