Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Beautiful scarf

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am glad to join this group.  I love to do crafts, particularly decorating as in yard, wrapping and decorating packages and any ideas are welcome.  I was at a craft faire a week ago and purchashed a scarf.  I didn't ask for a business card, didn't talk to the ladies there as they seemed to be in a hurry packing up.  The scarf is very thing 5" wide about 50" long, and it curls, ruffles, whatever.  I do have a photo and if anybody knows what stitching it is I would love to know as I would like to make one.  It is very delicate, very thin yarn, and i imagine the curling effect is by stitching two stitches or more together.  I will add the photo and hopefully someone knows what it is.  Thank you. Lois  I will have to post another one a close up, but not sure it is close enough.

I

I ww

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaiTilley
by Dai on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Welcome!
Looks like it was made with ruffle yarn, which you use by kind of crocheting into it on one side =)
You can also knit with it, but I haven't tried it, and from the pics I've seen, knitting makes it look more scrunched and full versus crocheted, which looks more delicate like the pic you posted.
Here's a good tutorial, but I skip the chaining that she does, and go right into doing single crochet.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=YJfoNf2AD90
Hope that helps! =)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome

billssweety
by Cyndi on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I've done this in a knit, it works up super quick an is quite pretty!

MissElissa21
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:22 AM
i have a scarf made with this exact rufle yarn (sashay) and I crocheted it. Search in this group for my post. It's "a scarf for me" I would link it, but I'm mobile. Or check out youtube, that's where I found the tutorial. I searched "how to crochet with sashay."

Welcome to the group!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3dragonflies
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Welcome to the group!  I am a beginner at knitting and crocheting.  Youtube is a big help!  This is funny because I was talking with the girls at work about knitting and what not and a woman was sitting in our waiting room and she was knitting this exact scarf :)  One of my co-workers went out and asked her how to do it and now my co-worker is going to teach us...LOL!

jryberg
by Jaime on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:51 AM

welcome to the group - the scarf is really pretty. I hope you can find a pattern/video where other posters have suggested to help you make one yourself. 

RutterMama
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Artladydp
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I have a friend who makes and sells these.  She crochets hers.  I don't have any idea how she does it.  I do know she uses ruffle yarn.

roxxyt
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Its beautiful, I know how to crochet but its been years, want to start again but not until my craft season is over, I hope you find what you are looking for, for instructions. Welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN