Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

What are some cheap/inexpensive ways to make?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM
  • 18 Replies
I need some kind of stand for this craft show I'm doing. I am so nervous and have no idea of how I'm going to set up. I don't want to just throw everything on a table. I'm debating bringing my embroidery machine. Thanks for any help!

I need something to hook things on like zipper cases and/or bibs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystlbear_84
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:53 PM

BUMP!

billssweety
by Cyndi on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM

What about taking a ladder, a wooden one, and maybe screwing hooks on the ends of the steps??

melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:36 PM

anyway you can get a swivel display thingie? someone at the craft fair I attended had one for all her clutches and it spun around so that you could see different ones...

jridgill
by Jennifer on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:52 PM
That's a good idea! My MIL has all kinds of things so maybe she has one. I'll ask.

Quoting billssweety:

What about taking a ladder, a wooden one, and maybe screwing hooks on the ends of the steps??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Jennifer on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM
I wish! I do have a good friend that recently closed his business of 25 years. I'm going to go snoop his garage tomorrow. Maybe there is something there I can use!

Quoting melliburger:

anyway you can get a swivel display thingie? someone at the craft fair I attended had one for all her clutches and it spun around so that you could see different ones...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PlaysAllDay
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but I use these. I use the gridwall too but that's kinda expensive for now and then use. I keep them set up in my craft room so i can see my items and then move them when i do shows.

http://www.storesupply.com/pc-12690-850-spinner-rack-4-tier-wire-63-12h-60108.aspx
melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Hopefully he has some things that would work and let syou borrow them!! :D

Quoting jridgill:

I wish! I do have a good friend that recently closed his business of 25 years. I'm going to go snoop his garage tomorrow. Maybe there is something there I can use!

Quoting melliburger:

RutterMama
by Tia on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:24 AM
I go to thrift shops & peddlers malls to find things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Thrift stores! Man, if only you were near me - yesterday I was at a going out of business sale and this store had several swivel peg displays, hanging racks, and pegboard 3 side swivel displays for cheap. You can get candle holders and stand them up on those, or get an old shutter and S hooks and hang them from that. Or even a piece of chain link propped against the wall behind your booth :)
cowgirls10181
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
The idea i gave my mother, was to buy a set of stocking holders, for over the fire place and a curtin rod, then hang things on the front or side of your table, make sure the rod is adjustable in case you are using someone elses table.or have to replace your table.
Hanging also a hat rack can help ir drying rack covered with a simple table cloth

Good luck with your sale! What are you selling? Im still christmas shopping
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)