Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I guess I'm just not crafty...

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:22 PM
  • 28 Replies
About a month ago I got into crocheting thinking I had found my craft calling! But alas, once again, I can't do it. I can't pick it up and figure it our or put my heart into it.
My mom and sister can sew, and make anything. I can't sew or craft or knit, or anything. :/
Oh but tell me to freaking write a book and its done! I can write a book and publish it but NOOO I can't craft...
:,( Sigh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I can't knit and can barely crochet, or sew for that matter, but put a few beads in front of me and you'll have a beautiful pair of earrings or a nice necklace. You will find what your good at eventually. =)

Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:33 PM
I don't want to put money into another craft I may not be able to do.

Quoting DanaG70:

I can't knit and can barely crochet, or sew for that matter, but put a few beads in front of me and you'll have a beautiful pair of earrings or a nice necklace. You will find what your good at eventually. =)

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Ok.

Quoting Byrd15:

Quoting DanaG70:

Byrd15
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe I'll just write another book? Lol

Quoting DanaG70:

Ok.

Quoting Byrd15:

Quoting DanaG70:

mama_girl07
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:04 PM

It took me about a year to feel like I was good enough to even think about making anything other than a simple beanie. It was hard to pick up crochet but I finally got it. I youtubed a video on how to read a pattern and then it jsut clicked.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Everything takes time to master

HollyHawk333
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:41 PM
I think if you have found your creative talent in writing you should be extatic about that. Everyone is creative in their own way
melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Since you have yarn, look into loom knitting! It's far easier than crocheting or knitting IMO.

sew4fun
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I agree everything takes time to master. No harm still trying to find something you will really enjoy if you really want to craft. I understand you do not want to put money into a new craft. How about searching for things you can do with stuff you already have. Like meli said what about loom kniting? You could also you your yarn to make yarn wraped letters or wreaths, heck even hangers and then add other little things to them if you like.

Byrd15
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM
It's just hard because my sister and mom are so crafty and I'm not. It very well could just be crafting is not for me. But I very much enjoy seeing other beautiful make something beautiful out of nothing. :)
Most likely Ill give my things to a friend of mine who tried to teach me. She could use it! :)
I'll just stick to writing. It's time to jump back into my series anyway, with my novel finally published. :)

Quoting sew4fun:

I agree everything takes time to master. No harm still trying to find something you will really enjoy if you really want to craft. I understand you do not want to put money into a new craft. How about searching for things you can do with stuff you already have. Like meli said what about loom kniting? You could also you your yarn to make yarn wraped letters or wreaths, heck even hangers and then add other little things to them if you like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN