Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crocheting how to's

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM
  • 9 Replies

My mom is the queen of crocheting! LOL

she tried to teach me, the only problem is she is left handed and I am right. Now that am pregnant i need a past time to keep my mind busy. i want to learn how to crochet.. i have some books but the photos dont do justice to me and they dont make sense.. 

anyone know of any online 'how to's" that are really good and super easy to learn?

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
RutterMama
by Tia on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM
YouTube!! That's what I did to learn again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Check out youtube. There are tutorials on stitches and even whole projects that you can follow along to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chocolatespring
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I agree with the above posters.  I also purchased the Stitch 'n' Bitch Crochet book, which is pretty good.  I have also googled crochet (I was looking for a "recipe" on crocheting flowers) and found a bunch of blogs.  GL.

Andy15
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Thanks!

DaiTilley
by Dai on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
If you use YouTube, find Crochet Geek; her tutorials are amazing! She even does slo-mo sections to help you see exactly what she's demonstrating. If you still have problems, you can PM me! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Andy15
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Ok thank you so much!

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
YouTube is the #1 place to go to for tutorial videos. #2 is Google., someone said there are some there not on YouTube.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrobertson20
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM

You tube.  I am a visual learner so that helped me.  I have the opposite problem I am a lefty and my mom and grandma are right handed.  I also taught myself this summer when I was pregnant.  I started taking hat orders after a few weeks and the time flew by!!!!  Congrats on your pregnancy.

Andy15
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)