Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I know it's early... but New Year, New Lifestyle lists!? .....and slightly off topic

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

I don't like "resolutions" because it always seems as though I'm setting myself up for failure... As soon as I eat my first cookie or skip my first exercise after January 1st I feel like I messed up and therefore give up :( SO last year I didn't make a resolution but rather a "New Year, New Lifestyle List" It was things I wanted to work on but not promises to myself... that I would eventually break. 

Last year I wanted to eat healthier. So I planted a vegetable garden! (That my neighbor ran over with her car about a week after the veggies actually started to grow!) 

And I wanted to break out of my shell. So I started going to Roller Derby games, met more "friends" from CM (Like The_Monster_Mom!), joined a mommy and me club in my town :) I totally loved how happy I became and my son seemed to open up to from all the fun stuff we were doing. 

Anywaysssssssssssssssssssssssssss 

THIS YEAR

My list is:

Make my apartment a home. (I've lived here for almost a full year and only have one picture hanging up)

Spend more one on one time with my son.

Expand my knowledge of the world (I'm going to try to do more educational stuff with Oliver and read some educational books on my own instead of the fluff fiction I read :) ) 

What is/will be on your list in 2013? 

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I think I want to try to make some friends here.

Try to expand both of my businesses even more

Bump up my coursework up to two classes again :)

Katie6382
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:32 PM
I would like to eat healthier, exercise more and become a more patient with my children
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM

now that the house is spotless except for a few dishes and vaccuuming that will get done when the 3 yr old wakes up i wanna keep it this way   my parents were hoarders, im sick of being embarassed or having to spend days cleaning before anybody comes over

MissElissa21
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I want to be better organized. I am good for a while, but something always seems to pop up and screw with me. I want to be better prepared for these and find a way to get back on schedule.

RutterMama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I started daily devotions with my son each morning. He's 5. I'm ashamed of myself for not starting sooner.

I *need* to get into a housework routine.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM

It was fun meeting you! :D You should move closer. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN