Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

OT - Scared.....Edit in red

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:34 AM
  • 12 Replies

As most of you know, I've been having some strange problems with my uterus lately.  Today I woke up in a lot more pain than usual, so I decided to check the calendar to see what could possibly be going on.  I was supposed to have the ultrasound today that my OB ordered!  Well I have no way to get there.  The van would cost me at least $80 to get there and back, and I'm broke.  The durango is in pieces in the garage still getting fixed, and the blazer is dead.  So there is no way I'm making it to the appointment.  I have to call my OB this morning and see if she can have it scheduled to be done at a hospital closer to where I live.

So while I'm waiting for her office to open so I can call her and get it taken care of, I decide to look up the one thing everyone keeps mentioning.....ectopic pregnancy.....  Needless to say I'm terrified!  Everything I've read says (in big bold lettering, underlined, and with flashing lights) IT IS A LIFE THREATING CONDITION FOR THE MOTHER.  Yup.  I'm scared to death.

Here is what has been happening.  I started my period a week early about a month ago.  Didn't think anything of it.  Got done, and spotted for an entire week before starting again two weeks later on the 9th.  Another week goes by and it's done, but I'm still spotting.  I've been in a ton of pain too.  My lower abdomen is killing me, the pain is all the way up my right side, to my ribs, and my kidneys have been hurting on an off too.  I've been nasueas, tired, and dizzy too.

Now I see why the doc wants me to have an ultrasound before even seeing her.  I should have never looked up the information!  I'm terrified!

Has anyone ever dealt with this or had this happen to them?  I'm gonna try crafting to get my mind off of it, but I'm not sure how well that is going to go.

So I called my OB to get the appointment for the ultrasound rescheduled to a hospital closer to me.  Thank goodness it will be taken care of!  I should be getting a call back by the end of the day to know when it is and what hospital.  I gave them two options.  My fingers are crossed that it can happen soon.  I have an appointment with my OB on the 10th to go over the ultrasound results and get a pap if nothing shows up.  If they do find something, I will be seen sooner.

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissElissa21
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:38 AM
((Hugs)) I have never dealt with something like that. I hope it's something minor!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bryncalyn
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Did you make it to the doc? Or at least to the ultrasound? What is going on? Hope all is well.

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM
You have to go to the doctor - or go to the ER. I'm assuming since your in CafeMom you are a mother...and with that, someone depends in you. Your health is important. They can do ultrasounds at most ERs. What about going to a clinic?? What would happen if you pass out and no one is there to take care of your kid?? "oh, it's okay, I'm crafting."
I may be a little rough - but we moms need to take care of ourselves so that we can be around for our children. It may be nothing, it may be something totally different, and - it could be something life-threatening. I hope you consider my response - I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just asking that you consider not making excuses and consider all factors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrylicmom
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM

whoe. get your butt to an ER, seriously! that would freak me out too! good luck! :) (((hugs))))

I DO IT IN A DARKROOM..... ;)

SamKlug
by Sammie on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Unfortunately the two times that I did go to the ER all they did was give me an x-ray the first time and told me is was constipation.  The second time they did blood work and a pee test and told me in was an ovarian cyst that burst.  I know in my heart that there is no way this is the case.  Sitting her wondering what it could be is driving me insane!

Turtledoves
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Best of luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM

maybe its a kidney stone or an undiagnosed infection? lets hope its that simple

DaiTilley
by Dai on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:53 PM
I am so sorry you're going through this! Try and keep calm. I'm sure stress won't help at all! My husband and I will be praying that you can be seen quickly and that you get results that guide the doctors and get everything fixed quickly and easily.
Hang in there momma!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM

(((((hugs))))))

I hope it gets resolved soon!

RutterMama
by Tia on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)