Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Who does cute polymer clay stuff?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:58 PM
  • 29 Replies

I got paid today from my blogging..I went out on a limb and bought myself a HUGE lot of polymer baking clay with a ton of tools and a brand new toaster oven to bake them.  After a lot of research, that was the best thing to do unless I want my food we eat to taste like it LOL Christmas is gonna be done with before I know it and since I wont be doing ornaments I need something else to occupy my time for the next 8 months.

ANYWAYS- My question is, do any of you make polymer clay earrings and such? I plan to make stuff like this:

If you make this kind of stuff, can you share pictures?

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissElissa21
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I have made some small things like that, but no pictures on this computer. I made Yo Gabba Gabba charms, a llama, and some other small stuff. I know it's in this group somewhere, but I couldn't tell you how long it's been since I played with mine.

happy41ce
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I cant wait to get started. lol

is it hard?

Quoting MissElissa21:

I have made some small things like that, but no pictures on this computer. I made Yo Gabba Gabba charms, a llama, and some other small stuff. I know it's in this group somewhere, but I couldn't tell you how long it's been since I played with mine.

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I made a few beads and pendant at one point. I just got some more clay and molds to play with

Cheribomb
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:06 AM
My hubs does weird things with clay, not too much cute stuff.....wish he did tho lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:28 AM
No, it's like playing with playdoh, except you get to keep and use what you make.

Quoting happy41ce:

I cant wait to get started. lol

is it hard?

Quoting MissElissa21:

Mrs.Burke11
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM
I used to make monsters with colored type clay back in high school.
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I love that stuff and there's a huge market for kawaii food items, but it's a fairly saturated market at this point. :) But if your have epic photos and great product you could def get your foot in the door with it!

mystica97
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I just joined this group, due largely to your post coming up from a search on "polymer clay". I am actually a producing poly artist (remembering producing is subjective, for me, meaning I sell my work actively). I'd be happy to give what help I can, you can see my work in my facebook page, given that I am just now coming back to CM after a long hiatus. I haven't updated my photos as of this post though I plan to do some of that tonight. Anyway, my work is different, but a lot of info is applicable across the board for working with it. :) Anyway, drop me a line, and I will check back here. In the meantime, message me for my facebook link.

*I edited this post after reviewing the guidelines and realizing I had accidentally linked against the rules, since my facebook page for my business is where my pics all were. I have taken the past hour to update and place at least some of my work photos here from my profile. I hope I have not offendedanyone.Thanks*

Take care, and here's an idea of what I do.. 

Becky

. *Take care,  

AriannasMommy84
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:35 AM

I'm thinking about getting into making stuff with polymer clay. I want some of those cute looking cover thingys for my crochet hooks & don't know anyone who makes them, or where to really find them.

<3 Crystal <3
Wife to Clay(2008),
Mommy to Arianna(2003),
Fur baby fettuccine(2009),
Isabella(2009),
& Madelyn(2011)
American by birth, USAF wife by the Grace of God

coast guardknittingteen girltoddler girlbaby girlcat

mystica97
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:47 AM

I would love to see an example of the covers for the crochet hooks if you can post a pic, since I am not sure what you are referring to. :) I am out of my depth with anything fabric related, beyond sewing basics.. lol :) 
Becky 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)