Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

lack of crafting. *whine*

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:03 AM
  • 15 Replies
I have been so busy with Christmas and work (seriously, the most busy 2 weeks of the year at my job) that I have gotten nothing crafted. For Christmas, we go to 5 houses and wind up with a car full of gifts for every house. My house looks like a department store that just got hit by a tornado. The only difference is, I am the only employee working on putting it back together. I have been going nonstop since before Christmas trying to get it in order for the flood of gifts we always get. I's not working. I have thrown out 12 bags of trash, 6 bags of recycling, and 4 bags of toys and we still can't see the floor in 75% of the house. I get about 5 hours of cleaning in EVERY day, plus 10 hours of work (plus drive time) and attempt sleep. I am running on fumes and I can't wait for things to calm down around here. I have so many great new projects in mind! I am hoping to finish the playroom, the kids' room, the kitchen and the laundry tomorrow (later today). Then, I can tackle the livingroom, diningroom, and master bed/bath on Monday. Tuesday will be my crafting area, hubby's desk, and the guest bathroom. Wednesday, the quick pick up, vacuum, sweep, mop, and wash the linens and week's laundry. I need it all done by thursday (my first day off in 9 days) so I can do something fun with the kids before Emma goes back to school and get some sewing and crocheting done.

Thanks for reading if you made it through. If you didn't, just cheers me with a glass of wine :) Hell, cheers me anyway, I need a glass of wine BAD!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anniea90
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I understand.. Christmas bogged me down too. I have finally started working on a few projects. The house still needs a little work though...

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Oh no! I hope you and your house recover soon!
MissElissa21
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:10 AM
I miss picking my dd up from school. It was the only time of day, every day that I couldn't do anything to pass the time waiting in line but crochet.

Quoting Anniea90:

I understand.. Christmas bogged me down too. I have finally started working on a few projects. The house still needs a little work though...

MissElissa21
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Thanks, I hope so too.

Quoting melliburger:

Oh no! I hope you and your house recover soon!
jryberg
by Jaime on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I feel for you! Yesterday was the first time I was able to craft in a long time! Good luck getting everything cleaned up!

MissElissa21
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Thanks hopefully in a few days I will get something done.

Quoting jryberg:

I feel for you! Yesterday was the first time I was able to craft in a long time! Good luck getting everything cleaned up!

Mrs.Greco
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Take a night off, have a glass of wine, and create something! You deserve it! Hang in there!
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Whew, sounds chaotic! Hope you can tame the mess soon and feel sane again! :)

powow65
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Wow! Busy bee!

I too can't craft much ATM.
My Hand kills with tons of pain! I've been crocheting non-stop since thanksgiving to now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM
I wish! I don't get home from work until 1-2am every night. I can't even find my craft desk at the moment. It's on the list to clean this week, so I can get into something.

Quoting Mrs.Greco:

Take a night off, have a glass of wine, and create something! You deserve it! Hang in there!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN