Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I turned a craft hobby into a business!

Posted by   + Show Post

This isn't an ad, just my story:)

A few months ago I started thinking about making candles with bracelet charms hidden in them. I didn't tell many people about it because I wasn't sure if I wanted to take the ultimate leap. I'm a full time graduate student with a job, a 3 year old, and a husband. I would dream about my candles and it's all I could talk about to my husband. He finally got sick of my wishing/hoping/dreaming and told me to go for it.

Now I have a trademarked, licensed business. I work and go to school and don't go to bed until 3-4am. I'm exhausted, happy, and we're doing pretty well, having recently sold our 1000th candle!

I won't post the business page here because again, this isn't an ad. Just my brief story behind the launch of Tiny Trinket Candles. If you have a dream of any kind you should go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
ms-superwoman
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:15 AM

This girl draws. I am just starting out. I am not out of college yet but I have started my first job. If you would like to see some of my drawings you can go to my web page.

http://victoryaanne.wix.com/snappart

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

I run a small business/website combo with book reviews. Sometimes I think with my contacts I've made that I should consider writing a children's book with the idea I have for my youngest daughter but I have no one to illustrate it :(

.shank.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM
That's where you've been! Congrats :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShirreeM
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Pm me your Facebook page please!
Would love to order some :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Cool!

happydays62
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:45 AM

They are totally awesome .  How long it take to make them .   And what made you decide to make these.

Eve-marie
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Cats should enjoy them too, don't you think? Specially if you throw in a tiny pillow or toy stuffed with catnip. Think bigger. Your pet is so lucky.

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

super cute, i do have a dream of course not many people have need for this.  I am really good at making ferret hammocks.  My ferret has 3.  1 huge one that was suppose to be for my friend that she sorta stole for herself and 2 small that are just her size.  So far my friends only buy them, but i'd like to expand some day.

calviinsmommy
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:11 PM

yes they probably would, i would have to design some sort of contraption i could tie them to since with ferrets theres a cage to tie them to.

Quoting Eve-marie:

Cats should enjoy them too, don't you think? Specially if you throw in a tiny pillow or toy stuffed with catnip. Think bigger. Your pet is so lucky.

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

super cute, i do have a dream of course not many people have need for this.  I am really good at making ferret hammocks.  My ferret has 3.  1 huge one that was suppose to be for my friend that she sorta stole for herself and 2 small that are just her size.  So far my friends only buy them, but i'd like to expand some day.

hopeym23
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Awesome!  I'm trying to start a business selling tutus but it is such a saturated market.  Doing well on e bay though.

abstractmommy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
There is someone in this post looking for an illustrator too!

Quoting ms-superwoman:

That is great news! I have always dreamed of being an illustrator. I am not even out of college and I already have my first job, illustrating a children's book!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN