Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I turned a craft hobby into a business!

Posted by   + Show Post

This isn't an ad, just my story:)

A few months ago I started thinking about making candles with bracelet charms hidden in them. I didn't tell many people about it because I wasn't sure if I wanted to take the ultimate leap. I'm a full time graduate student with a job, a 3 year old, and a husband. I would dream about my candles and it's all I could talk about to my husband. He finally got sick of my wishing/hoping/dreaming and told me to go for it.

Now I have a trademarked, licensed business. I work and go to school and don't go to bed until 3-4am. I'm exhausted, happy, and we're doing pretty well, having recently sold our 1000th candle!

I won't post the business page here because again, this isn't an ad. Just my brief story behind the launch of Tiny Trinket Candles. If you have a dream of any kind you should go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Replies (51-58):
sjk43093
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I wanna make and sell baby stuff, I just dont have enough resources.

Emmysmommy2006
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I love your story!! I am working on opening a store with my hobby. I love to sew and I know I am good at it. I have a facebook page and an etsy store. Any other place I should be advertizing thanks for the help.

MoMofTWOkiddos
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Could you pm me your store addy or even Facebook page?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abstractmommy
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:01 AM
I have my own website, but I used to use Storenvy. It gave me too much trouble.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

What site do you sell on?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abstractmommy
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:04 AM
If you can afford it, pay for facebook advertising! Even $5 or $10 actually gets your statuses seen, it brings a lot of fans to see your products.

Quoting Emmysmommy2006:

I love your story!! I am working on opening a store with my hobby. I love to sew and I know I am good at it. I have a facebook page and an etsy store. Any other place I should be advertizing thanks for the help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Congrats! This is such a great idea. I honestly like that much better than the rings in the candles. :)

bellydancemom
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Hello, Have you written your book yet? I have a brother who is an artist. He actually helped a doctor do some medical illustrations, years ago.

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool! Like Diamond Candles.

Those are VERY popular

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN