Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being TOO selfish?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:20 PM
  • 26 Replies

so, we have a 4 br home...all 4 rooms are tiny tho =[
we have 2 sons, ages 4 & 1, they currently have their own rooms & a playroom.
I LOVE their playroom...it keeps their rooms from getting messed up as much & plus they dont really have room for their toys to fit in their tiny rooms (have room to play anyway) they mainly just sleep in their rooms...

I'm seriously considering moving the boys into one bedroom & taking one of their rooms to be MY craft room. I'm just sick of having nowhere to put my stuff & not really having a good place to work on things either!

Am I being too selfish? should I just suck it up? lol 

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bri2011
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Imo the boys are soo young right now having there room isnt a necessity plus they have a play room to play in. id move them in together w bunk beds and get urself a craft room :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgsharber
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Well,I am taking over our dining room.We always eat int he breakfast area unless we have company over.No parties or gatherings are planned until April, so its mine. I haven't even asked I'm just doing it. I doubt anyone even notices except the dogs anyways, lol. They are th only ones that even go in there.

JessiMamma
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Thats kinda how I was thinking too...They are both very young, its not like they need privacy lol However i kinda feel bad bc they will be very cramped....The baby is no where near ready to be out of his crib...I guess I should have mentioned that he Just turned 1 on Dec 6th lol 

but I'll prolly leave the baby's dresser in his old room & only move his crib & rocking chair out?? idk I'm so indesisive LOL   I havent been doing alot of crafting lately, but its sooooooo hard to when I cant get it out lol  I want to work on some paintings & things for them & I want to start a new quilt. & I plan on buying a cricut in the next few weeks, so I really want the space haha 

Quoting bri2011:

Imo the boys are soo young right now having there room isnt a necessity plus they have a play room to play in. id move them in together w bunk beds and get urself a craft room :)

krystlbear_84
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this. :)

Quoting bri2011:

Don't Just Stand There....SCRAP Something!
krystlbear's Corner
-JC-
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting krystlbear_84:

I agree with this. :)

Quoting bri2011:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:44 PM
We took over our kids' playroom and made it into a library/craft room. Our boys (6 & 3) share a room and our girl (6) has her own room. I wish we could give all our kids their own rooms, but we can't. They don't seem to mind at all, yet, though. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shellness
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Are they small? If so I don't see how it would hurt a thing!

JessiMamma
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I want to have a 3rd baby (I'm fighting the baby fever pretty hard right now lol) but Idk where we'd put it lol now if we had a girl that would be easy...she would obviously be the one who got her own room....but if we had a 3rd boy idk what i'd do lol I'd prolly wind up giving up the playroom bc I would feel like I was picking favorites... =/

Quoting Brieshon:

We took over our kids' playroom and made it into a library/craft room. Our boys (6 & 3) share a room and our girl (6) has her own room. I wish we could give all our kids their own rooms, but we can't. They don't seem to mind at all, yet, though. :)

JessiMamma
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:48 PM

yes. My oldest son will be turning 4 next week & my baby boy just turned 1 on Dec 6th!

Quoting Shellness:

Are they small? If so I don't see how it would hurt a thing!

bri2011
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Lol dont blame u, somstimes we just need space. Is the closet big enough to squeeze a dresser in? You cld always put baby in s port a crib in the boys room, and break it down for the daytime or while its not being used. Pinterest had a cute idea for turning a portacrib to a toddler bed by cutting one the side screen parts off and putting a sheet over the top. U cld also hang a few wall shelf cubbings too.

Quoting JessiMamma:

Thats kinda how I was thinking too...They are both very young, its not like they need privacy lol However i kinda feel bad bc they will be very cramped....The baby is no where near ready to be out of his crib...I guess I should have mentioned that he Just turned 1 on Dec 6th lol 

but I'll prolly leave the baby's dresser in his old room & only move his crib & rocking chair out?? idk I'm so indesisive LOL   I havent been doing alot of crafting lately, but its sooooooo hard to when I cant get it out lol  I want to work on some paintings & things for them & I want to start a new quilt. & I plan on buying a cricut in the next few weeks, so I really want the space haha 

Quoting bri2011:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)