Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

For those who have small craft business'

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

My new years resolution is to start a business making baby/kids clothes.  Hoping to kick it off with my tax return.  Any advice?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Emmysmommy2006
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I just started mine yesturday was the first time I actually pushed it. I have facebook page on it and an etsy one to. I am starting out small and working my way up to something bigger. I sew anythng and everything but clothes. I dunno if I can post my sites here so you can get an idea of what it looks like. If you want to see get back to me and I will private message you them. Hope this helps. Ooh here is something i have found thats free get your boxes from the post office delivered to you. Go to the usps site and click on shop and go from there. Hope this helps Rae

sjk43093
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Message me the link, I'd love to see, I have an etsy and i'm planning to set up on there to start actually.

Quoting Emmysmommy2006:

I just started mine yesturday was the first time I actually pushed it. I have facebook page on it and an etsy one to. I am starting out small and working my way up to something bigger. I sew anythng and everything but clothes. I dunno if I can post my sites here so you can get an idea of what it looks like. If you want to see get back to me and I will private message you them. Hope this helps. Ooh here is something i have found thats free get your boxes from the post office delivered to you. Go to the usps site and click on shop and go from there. Hope this helps Rae

Turtledoves
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Lots and lots of advertising. Keep up stock. Hand out business cards. Make a Facebook page so people can follow and see new stuff. Go to craft shows.

I started my business last year and did pretty well. Hoping to hit up some craft shows this year before baby is born! I sell crochet character hats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I would suggest Storenvy. No fees, and it's so much more customizable than Etsy is! Since their huge revamp I've been getting amazing views, and my second store does better on Storenvy than it does on Etsy. I get no views on Etsy.

Emmysmommy2006
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Thanks for the idea of Storenvy. I looked at it and it looks better than etsy.

melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Storenvy is epic. It's way better than etsy IMO.

Quoting Emmysmommy2006:

Thanks for the idea of Storenvy. I looked at it and it looks better than etsy.

jridgill
by Jennifer on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Lots of advertising. Stand out with your products. Don't be afraid to be different. Keep good records. It takes me forever to get my stuff in order every month to file my taxes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)